Question about D-Link DI-707P Router (DSDLDI707P)
I´m sure all my settings are correct and my printer is compatible, but I can´t print through the router print server. What can I do?
Posted by Anonymous on
Try changing the Spool Data Format setting in the printers control panel from EMS to RAW. Step 1 Go to Start>Settings>Printers. Step 2 Right click your printer icon and select Properties Step 3 From the properties screen, select the Details tab. Click on the Spool Settings button at the bottom of the window. Step 4 From the Spool data format: select RAW from the drop-down menu. Click OK to close out of Spool Settings and OK again to close out of the printer properties screen. Close the Printers control panel and try printing to the DI-713P with these new settings. In some cases, you may need to disable bidirectional printing.
Posted on Feb 16, 2006
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 08, 2010 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Contrary to the on-line advice that I have found, the Linksys wireless print server WPS54G is compatible with Windows 7. It is the installation program that is not compatible. While not as bad as the early days of setting hardware dip switches, the print server must be installed manually. Following are the many steps that I took to install my WPS54G to work with Windows 7; lengthy, but worth it.
1. Connect your printer to the PC using a USB cable and USB port. Allow the printer to install. Print a test page. Even though you just installed the printer, check for an updated printer driver at the manufacturer's website. I did this late in the process before I could get the printer to work. It installed an HP universal driver.
2. Set the printer as the default.
3. If you do not know the IP address of your print server, access the router using your browser. See your manual for instructions. For a Linksys, type the default IP router address 192.168.1.1 into the browser address bar. If you have done this in the past, set up your router security. The default user name is left blank and the default password is admin.
4. Connect your print server to the PC using a USB cable and USB port.
5. On the router locate the DHCP Client Table and determine the IP address of the print server. You might have to refresh the table. The default is probably 192.168.1.78.
6. Access the print server using your browser and the IP address of the print server. The default user name is left blank and the default password is admin. Set up security to match the router, SSID, password, type of encryption, etc.
7. Go to "Devices and Printers" (from the start menu), on the default printer icon that you just installed, right click and open "Printer Properties." Click on the "Ports" tab.
8. Click on "Add Port." Select "Standard TCP/IP Port" and click on "New Port." Click "Next." Add the IP address of the print server (probably 192, 168.1.78) and call the port whatever you want. Click "Next."
9. After the port configures and you get the "Port Settings" tab (you can also get there by clicking on "Configure Port), change the protocol to "LPR" and click "LPS byte counting enabled." Use "p1" or P2" etc. for the "queue name."
10. Disconnect the print server from the USB port and let it sit for 30 seconds.
11. Disconnect the printer from the USB port.
Apr 06, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WPS54G Print Server
Mar 21, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP600 all-In-One InkJet...
Nov 23, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WPS54G Print Server
Apr 16, 2009 | Linksys WPSM54G Print Server
Sep 21, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-G WPS54G Print Server
Mar 30, 2007 | HP PSC 1410v All-in-One Printer
Feb 16, 2006 | D-Link DI 707P (DI-707P) Router
61 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!