The first trick of rebooting and turn on did not work. The problem is not localized because I tried this on three different computers so far. All unrecognized.
Now, the real trick may lie in your link: http://www.hat.net/geeky/node/221
Following the steps....
I proceeded to "Remove Hidden Devices" via DOS, then proceeded to device manager, now I ONLY uninstalled the "Unknown devices" under the USB branch. as shown in the photo below. I thought the instructions only meant those.,
Am I required to delete all those greyed our ones included the "Generic USB Device"? Is tis safe? This was not 100% clear in the instructions of that page
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: Thanks mastersaint, follow-up....
If you have tried this on all 3 computers then i would definitely suggest you return the unit. The USB unrecognized works only for a computer that it was working before but the unit must be working on another computer. The solution at my link is for Ghost devices that cause the specific problem. If you tried the device on another computer and you have never plugged the device on that computer then the unit is either defective or nearing that. While it is still under warranty I suggest return it as it will certainly give you problems in the future.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Take out the tape - AND TURN THE CAMERA POWER ON 2. press the menu button (near the viewfinder) 3. Use he wheel on top next to the viewfinderto scroll through the choices 4. Choose "display setup" by pushing the wheel in 5. Choose "C. Rest" by pushing the wheel in 6. Turn camera off 7. Next time you turn camera on y ou should be able to view tapes and record. IT DID NOT WORK THE FISRT TIME SO I PUT MY FINGER IN TO TRY TO GENTLY PUSH BUTTON WHEN I TOOK THE TAPE OFF AND THEN TRIED SOLUTION ABOVE AGAIN, AND THIS TIME, IT WORKED. BUT PLEASE DONT INSERT YOUR FINGERS IN AS I DID TRY THE SOLUTION 2 OR THREE TIME IT SHOULD BE OK, HOPE THIS WORKS FOR YOU, THANKS AND CREDIT TO LABBER
Guys, so weird but on another site it offered this suggestion: banged the base of your camera against something hard and it will become unstuck. So bang the base of your camera against something hard and it will work again, at least it works like it did but not sure for how long. Good luck. I can't believe that worked. Give it a try. I didnt hit it too hard either.
THE FOLLOWING SOLUTION FROM LABBER (CREDIT TO HIM)
I did have a similar problem as above, and has not been able to use the camera for a long time as power turns itself off in less than 2 mins. I tried the solution #3 (by labber) above. which i have copied and pasted below . 1. Take out the tape - mine stayed on longer (without blinking) when the tape was not in. 2. press the menu button (near the viewfinder) 3. Use he wheel on top next to the viewfinderto scroll through the choices 4. Choose "display setup" by pushing the wheel in 5. Choose "C. Rest" by pushing the wheel in 6. Turn camera off 7. Next time you turn camera on you should be able to view tapes and record. IT DID NOT WORK THE FISRT TIME SO I PUT MY FINGER IN TO TRY TO GENTLY PUSH BUTTON WHEN I TOOK THE TAPE OFF AND THEN TRIED SOLUTION ABOVE AGAIN, AND THIS TIME, IT WORKED. BUT PLEASE DONT INSERT YOUR FINGERS IN AS I DID TRY THE SOLUTION 2 OR THREE TIME IT SHOULD BE OK, HOPE THIS WORKS FOR YOU, THANKS LABBER
I bought my 203 2 years ago-same problem. I FOUND THE SOLUTION!
Might sound stupid, but I found it online, tried it and it works!
When you get the "Dew Detected" sign on the screen, remove the battery, give it a good palm hit on the bottom where the battery sits. Hit it a couple good times, put the battery back in and voila it will work guaranteed! I thought it was dumb at first, tried it and it works, hell it works everytime. The blow dryer, plastic bag trick dont work because its an electrical error, not actual dew.
Take the battery out and turn selection switch to camera and then turn it off. Put the battery back in and its working again.
if that doesn't work try
Try smacking the side of the camera relatively hard with the palm of your hand. Eject the tape and reinsert. You may need to do this a couple of times.
For Models: CC4252, CC4352, CC4362, CC4392, CC4393
You need to reset your camcorder. Follow these steps:
* Remove the power source.
* After one minute, gently press the RESET button with a nonmetallic pointed item until you feel a "click." This resets the camcorder to the factory settings and erases the date, time, and custom settings.
* Wait for at least one minute after resetting the camcorder to attach a power supply.