- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
i guess f1, f2, and all the function keys are given with added fn key in the left corner of the keypad. search for the blue icon with fn in the keypad. that should solve it. press fn along with the key you want to use.
but if you want to use tha additional features of function key like save, load, close and many more then you can get the software directly from official website of sony. alternativel you can download hotkeycontrol xp by which you can reconfigure you keyboard to add extra feature and options
there is probably a key on the bottom left of the keyboard that has a blue fn on it and somewhere else on the keyboard there will be a key with a blue sun looking thing with an up arrow on it and another key with a blue sun looking thing with a down arrow. hold the fn key and push the up arrow sun thing to make it brighter and the down one to make it dimmer
- Install Windows 7 - let it update all the drivers that it needs to - Install additional Sony drivers that you need (XP drivers work just fine, but make sure to install them in Administrator mode, so, Run as Administrator), such as camera, fingerprint scanner, etc - Install the Notebook Control Device Driver (without this the other software does nothing) - Sony Utilities DLL - Sony Shared Library
* restart computer *
- Sony Video Shared Library - SUS (Setting Utility Series)
* restart computer *
- VES (VAIO Event Service)
After this one the Fn keys will start to work. The S1 and S2 keys don't work due to something to do with UAC (but I don't need them anyway)
- VAIO Control Centre (will allow you to change what the S1 and S2 keys do, even though you can't use them :) )
Look for the blue FN key, hold it down (use it like a shift key)
While holding it, look for a key, also printed in blue with a picture that is half sun/half moon. On my laptop is the F8 key. As you press the key watch the screen to see if gets lighter.