I bought it in 2003 neptune dryer and the 3 bar inside the dryer broke and the dryer is not working right . we have to dry them 3 time before they are all dry
Things You'll Need:
* Phillips-head screwdriver
* Replacement belt
1. Disconnect the power cord of the Maytag Neptune dryer from the dryer electrical outlet.
2. Open the dryer door, and locate the four screws on the inside lip of the door opening. Use a Phillips-head screwdriver to remove the four screws. This will disconnect the front panel from the shroud assembly.
3. Grab the front panel on each side with your hands. Lift up on the front panel to unhook it from the retaining tabs on the side panels. Remove the front panel, and set it out of your way.
4. Use a Phillips-head screwdriver to remove the four outside perimeter screws that secure the shroud and tumbler front to the dryer cabinet. Pull the shroud and tumbler front away from the tumbler while lifting the top panel partially up.
5. Reach both of your hands underneath each side of the tumbler. Use your left hand to grasp the idler pulley, and pull it to the left while using your right hand to slip the belt off the motor pulley. Pulling the idler pulley to the left releases tension on the belt. You can now slip the belt off the back of the tumbler.
6. Take the old belt with you along with the model number of your dryer to purchase a new belt. Most appliance repair shops will have replacement belts in stock. Make sure that the new belt matches the old one by comparing the two.
7. Slide the new belt over the rear of the tumbler with the ribbed side pointed to the inside. Using both hands under the tumbler, route the belt around the motor pulley and idler pulley. Pull the idler pulley to the left while routing the belt, and carefully allow the idler pulley back to the right to apply tension.
8. Reattach the tumbler front and shroud to the front of the cabinet using the retaining screws. Place the front panel over the side retaining tabs, and push it down to lock it in place.
9. Open the dryer door, and secure the front panel to the shroud using the retaining screws. Close the dryer door, and plug the power cord back into the dryer electrical outlet.
Feb 28, 2011 |
Maytag Neptune MDE5500AY Electric Dryer