You are correct.
The CD is not compatible with Mac.
What you have to do is Configuring the Router Manually using the Web Based Configuration panel.
- Open your Web Browser
- Type http://192.168.1.1 in the Address Bar and hit Enter
- If you have changed the address somehow you have to enter that (Router's IP - Default Gateway)
- Here is a small guide to Fine your routers IP address in case of that you are unable to access
- Enter the user name (default user name is blank- means no user name. Just leave it blank), Default password is admin.
- Now you can configure the Router using the Menus.
- Make sure that you have Saved your settings before Exit the Web Based Setup.
- Make sure that you have changed the Default Password.
- If you can’t access the router’s web-based setup page, please check the following: cable connections, router’s LEDs, IP address, and connectivity.
- Connecting Devices Together
- Ensure that you have an Active Internet Connection and connect the modem to the router’s Internet port and the Mac to any of the four Ethernet ports.
- Checking the Router’s LEDs
- After connecting your modem and Mac to the router, check the lights on the front panel of the router.
- Checking the Router’s IP Address
- To find a Linksys router’s Local IP address, you have to check the IP settings of the Mac
- Checking the Mac’s Connectivity with the Router
- Ensure that the Mac is properly connected to the router.
You can download the Manuals from here
to learn how to do Advanced, Customized Configurations.
Note: Please select the appropriate Hardware Version.
Thanks for contacting Fixya!
Feel free to ask any questions if you face trouble with the setup.
Please rate the answer as well!