- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
From the information you have provided you would like to reverse the door swing on your Frigidaire washer. I have reviewed the manuals for your washer and I was unable to locate any directions on reversing the door. If you need any further assistance please feel free to reconnect. -Matt
Hi and welcome to FixYa. I am Kelly. The answer is YES you can reverse the door.
Here is the text of how to reverse the door:
DOOR ASSEMBLY & HINGES
The door assembly is reversible. It contains an inertial vibration damper comprised of a steel plate suspended with springs. The
damper is designed to tune out excessive vibrations generated by the machine during the spin cycle. Replacement inner door liners are
shipped with the vibration damper in place.
1. Open the door and remove the center screw of each hinge secured to the inner flange of the front panel in the door opening.
2. Grasp the door with both hands and lift the hinge area slightly. Draw the door assembly away from the machine. This will disengage the hinges from the slots in the
front shroud (Figure 5-1). If the hinges bind, press out on the plastic shroud near the hinge toward the cabinet.
1. Repeat the above steps and, remove the corresponding sheet metal spacers on the opposite side.
2. Remove the hinges from the door and relocate them to the other side of the door.
3. Remount the door into the new slots and secure with one screw into each hinge.
4. Mount the sheet metal spacers onto the side where the hinges were previously to cover the hinge slots in the front shroud.
That is the text without the whole service manual pictures.
Electrolux has a reversible door for both front load washer and dryer. Just found that out at HHGregg because we need to put our washer to the right of the dryer, and none of the other makes will allow the washer door swing to be switched.
there is no reversing the door on the washer. the door on the dryer can be reversed and with the execption of a few of the earlier models no kit is required(even then was just a trim kit). is switching theposition of the 2 appliances an option?? as far as wsher vibrating through house heres a new product receiving great response http://www.keshakeaway.com/servlet/StoreFront