Question about CCTUBEGN 12.5''TUBE Fluorescent Lamp Kit

1 Answer

How to replace a tube holder or ballast

How do I replace a tube holder or ballast in a florescent light?

Posted by Anonymous on

1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.


    An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.

  • Expert
  • 74 Answers
Re: How to replace a tube holder or ballast

You can replace a ballast or tube holder if you're fairly familiar with wiring. 1) Turn off the power to the circuit. 2) Remove the tube and the cover plate that conceals the workings. 3) Disconnect or cut the wires to the tube holder or ballast and remove. 4) Strip 1/2" of insulation from the ends of the wires. 5) Mount the component and connect the wires with wire nuts. 6) Replace the cover and tube. 7) Turn the circuit back on. 8) Turn the switch on.

Posted on Jan 18, 2006

Add Your Answer

0 characters

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add


3 Points

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Why wont my 1990 cadillac sadan de ville radiator cooling fan come on

check the fuses ( there is more than one) check the relay is working. check or replace the coolant temperature sensor unit ( 2 wires in a square block as to the temperature sender unit which has only 1 wire.

Oct 22, 2014 | Thermaltake Aqua TMG 2 MotorSports...

1 Answer

How to replace tube

You might put a little something slippery on the wire the tube goes on. Try vaseline, hand lotion, cooking oil, anything slick or oily should work. Use a q-tip so you don't make your fingers slippery, just a dab.

Apr 19, 2014 | Computer System Cooling

2 Answers

Nexus 4?

I appreicated my friend for sharing this link to me when i was in search for the wireless charger for my nexus 4 probably the best one. I can say the wireless charger from this amazon shop was awesome for the nexus 4.

Jan 04, 2014 | Nexus Computer System Cooling

1 Answer

The plastic 90 degree pipe between the front cover and the lower intake manifold leaks. How can it be replaced without tearing the whole top of the moter off . Any quick fixes ? Bars leak stop work?

In New Zealand some swimming pool shops and hardware stores carry a product in which is in tubes and is a soft plasticine kind of substance. There are two substances in the tube which are separated in the tube but when combined and worked in your hand (needs warmth) into a putty like consistency, can be applied and packed into just about anywhere. Sets hard as hell. Can't think of the name but this stuff is really magic. Tubes are about 8 in long and inch in diameter, and there are different tubes for certain applications. You would probably need to drain off the water and ensure area is very dry (hair dryer??).

Apr 19, 2013 | Computer System Cooling

1 Answer

Engine diagram for 2006 chrysler town and country

This lower tube is coolant inlet tube to water part as far as i know..they will know what one it is if you describe it..fairly common part..not too bad to replace

Aug 18, 2012 | Computer System Cooling

1 Answer

How can I make my old fluorescent light fictures work with the new 32 watt balbs? Would I have to change out the starters and the ballast?

You dont--you would have to spend twice the amount of money for new ballast, etc--just buy a new fixture to accept the 32watt bulbs--you will save money,time and not to mention you will save on headache medicine

Mar 25, 2010 | CCTUBEGN 12.5''TUBE...

1 Answer

System fan failed

Whether this is a laptop or desktop you didn't say but it only matters in how hard the repair is. If desktop you can replace the CPU fan. They are usually clipped or screwed ontop of the CPU. Usually the heat sink will come off with it. You'll need to buy an exact replacement and a little tube of heat sick compound. Once you have a new one reverse your steps except first put some heat sink compound on top of the CPU. If this is a laptop then take it to a reputable repair person. Replacing laptop fans requires stripping down the machine.

Mar 25, 2009 | Computer System Cooling

2 Answers

ThermalTake CL-W0009 Water Level Indicator

those tubing fittings on it are the quick disconnect type. use regular tubing black polycarbonate. go to mcmaster carr industrial supply and get what you need. from the looks of it they seem to be 1/8 inch npt thread

Aug 21, 2007 | Thermaltake Liquid Cooling System Water...

4 Answers

How to replace a fluorescent starter

Although newer fluorescent fixtures have built-in starters or no starters at all, most older lights have an easy-to-change, visible starter. It is a small, silvery cylinder that plugs into one of the tube holders. 1) Shut off the switch. 2) Remove the tube. 3) Give the starter a quarter-turn in a clockwise direction, and pull it out. 4) Plug in new starter, giving it a quarter turn counterclockwise. 5) Replace tube. 6) Turn the switch on.

Jan 18, 2006 | CCTUBEGN 12.5''TUBE...

1 Answer

When to replace

Inside a fluorescent light, electricity is delivered to a ballast, which sends a spark through the mercury-vapor-filled tube (or bulb), creating light by activating phosphors that coat the inside of the tube. If any of the components are faulty, the light won't work right. Once you pinpoint the problem, most fixes are very easy. Remember to turn off the power first! Old bulbs blink off and on just before they die; repairs are often simply a matter of replacing the tube or bulb. This problem may also be occurring because of poor contact between the pins at the ends of a tube and the tube holders. If the pins are bent, use needle-nose pliers to straighten them. Clean up the pins and socket contacts with fine sandpaper, and brush away residue. Though gray bands at the ends of tube are normal, black bands indicate that the tube needs to be replaced. If only one end is dark, turn the bulb end-for-end. If the tube is new and these fixes don't work, you may have to replace the starter or ballast. Some fixtures ("A-rated") are quieter than others are, but most fluorescent lights have a slight hum. If the sound seems too loud-- or if you can smell electrical burning-- shut off the power. The ballast is probably either the wrong type, improperly installed, or defective. Replace it or call an electrician. Brand new tubes tend to flicker, as do bulbs that are cold. If an old tube still flickers after it has had a chance to warm up (or after you've warmed up the room), rotate it a couple of times in the tube holders. Try cleaning the tube's end pins. If it still doesn't work, replace it. If only the ends of the tube glow, either the starter or the ballast is defective. Replace the starter, then the ballast.

Jan 18, 2006 | CCTUBEGN 12.5''TUBE...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Computer System Cooling Logo

Related Topics:

1,014 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Computer System Cooling Experts

Brian Sullivan
Brian Sullivan

Level 3 Expert

27725 Answers


Level 3 Expert

2072 Answers


Level 3 Expert

5660 Answers

Are you a Computer System Cooling Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides