a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Use hirens boot disc look for programme in hard disc tools called test disk.it will check and repair mft which should then allow the drive to be seen and then fix errors.failing that route try and get spin right which will fix bad blocks.
Install the software first, then connect the usb and power cables, then turn on the unit. Here is a section of the installation manual :
Software Installation 1. Do not connect this device to computer yet. 2. Insert the utility CD into computer's optical drive, and then the installation window should automatically appear on the screen. If the installation window doesn't show up, go to "My Computer" and browse the CD. By executing the "index.html" file, the installation window will appear. 3. Click on "Private Folder Manager"/ "Playlist Manager", and then follow the on screen instructions for installation. 4. After the software had been successfully installed, see [Connecting to USB] for cable connection. Connecting to USB 1. Connect the plug of AC adapter to the connector marked "DC IN", plug the other end into an electric outlet. 2. Connect the USB cable to the USB connector. Then connect the other plug to computer's USB port. 3. Press the Power switch and then the blue LED will light up. 4. The computer will detect this device and you can start accessing the drive.
Follow the steps given below to refresh USB ports.
1. Right-click My Computer icon on the desktop, and then select Properties. 2. Click the Hardware tab. 3. Click the Device Manager button. 4. Click the plus (+) sign to the left of Universal Serial Bus controllers. 5. Right-click the device listed under Universal Serial Bus controller and select Uninstall. 6. Click OK to confirm the removal of the device.
Please note, repeat Steps 5 and 6 until all the devices under Universal Serial Bus Controller are removed.
7. Shut down the computer.
CAUTION: Ensure that the Shut Down option is selected, instead of the Restart option.
8. Wait for 5 seconds and then restart the computer. When the computer restarts, a "Windows has detected new or added hardware" message window will open.
The above steps will refresh the USB ports.
Now connect the USB devices like mouse, video camera, your external usb hard disk...usb hubs...whatever you like and the drivers should install automatically.
Tip: It is always recommended to connect the main usb devices at the rear end usb port, as they require more power to initiate.
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it and give a testimonial for my response
It could be that the OS is not assigning a drive letter to your
removable drive. To do this, go to disk management and assign one.
Assuming OS is Win 2000/XP/Vista
Right-click My Computer then Manage Click on Disk Management Right-click the removable drive and click on Change Drive Letter Assign a drive letter and click OK Your drive should now show up on My Computer
Hi, After plugging ur HDD, verify the device is detected or not in Device manager and Try Partitioning Again GUI mode (means in XP).. or follow the steps..
1- Go to Computer Management, Click Disk Management 2 - You will find you External HDD in the Right side 3 - Just Right Click the Drive, if it asks Initialize HDD, just Initialize and Create Partition as u like.
On XP computer install your seagate barracuda 400g. start the computer. when xp is already boot right click My Computer then select manage. When Computer Management dialog box appear click disk management. Look for the drive that is unallocated and format the drive and follow the instructions.
Hi are u sure the hard disk was not complitly full if yes try to use anothe backup software such as easy recover pro or so and copy all the data from your hdd to another location but befor udo so please be sure
1. shut down your system shut down the hdd plug the power properly to your hdd and connect the usb or firewire then connect the medium to your system and start the hdd and then start your system ...if it detected its fine...
2. if still dosent detect check in disk management by right clicking on my computer icon go to manage and then disk management if u see the hdd over there and showing status a forigen just right click on the word and say import forigen disk .and should work
if the status shows unalocated right click on it and say intialize hdd ..
if shows helthy and be sure have a drive letter on if not then please right click on the hdd strap and say add or change drive letter and use any abailable drive letter
What you have to do is this:
1) The HDD Detection tool
Connect the device to the PC, load up Musicmatch. On the left click "Portable Device" tab, wait for the PC to show your device.
The device should show as "Philips GoGear" if it's showing as "Philips Nike" go to "Tools" on the right, click "Settings" click drop-down menu & choose GoGear.
You need to do this everytime you transfer files.
If that doesn't work, you need to do this:
2) Manual Re-Install
You can re-install the player manually by doing this :
- connect the player to your pc by USB cable
- uninstall all Installed software for the player
- remove device from Windows Device Manager :
- right click on "My Computer"
- select Properties from the menu
a new windows appears: System Properties
- click on the tab "Hardware"
- click on "Device Manager"
a new window appears" The Device Manager
navigate to the player (should be shown as Philips Nike) at the USB Devices
- right click on the player
- select "un-install" from the menu
- Windows will unsinstall the device
- If the player is not listed, the device has been deleted
Now to edit the Windows Registry:
(Note: Mistakes cannot be un-done so be VERY careful)
1. Disconnect all usb devices.
2. Go to the registry (Start -> Run -> type "regedit")
3. Make a backup of the registry
-Search/Create a logical location ("C:\REGBACKUP" for example)
-choose a filename ("registry backup Date.reg" for example)
-Please pay attention if Export range is set to "All"
-click on save
4. Click on the + infront of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
-Click the + of SYSTEM
-Click the + of CurrentControlSet
-Click the + of Enum
-Click the + of USB
Here you can remove all VID``s
-Before you remove the VID you have to set the right permissions, this can be
done as follows:
Right click on the folder USB and click on "Permissions", select in the window
that pops-up Everyone and and select "Full control" at the permissions.
5. Reboot PC without ANY USB devices connected
- install the software and plugins
- connect the device to your pc by usb
Check if device works and if still showing as "Philips Nike" try the first step again.
Hope this helps,