I just got this thing 2 days ago. i tried to download the cd, my computer will not let me. i have a windows xp. code 1 comes up as the error message. when i plug the usb port in...the icon doesnt show up in my computer to even skip the cd installation. my friend had no problems downloading music onto it without using the installation cd.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Make sure USB mode is MSC....If this doesn't work make sure that you are connected to a 2.0 USB port....I had to install the update on to my labtop and finally it recognized it and updated.... Download Update if you haven't yet(http://mp3support.sandisk.com/sansa/Installer/1082/SansaUpdaterInstall.exe) this comes with A mediA converter ...Try and drag and drop from your music folder to the media folder on the player make sure usb mode is mtp this will show you all the folders Use your windows explorer for the transfer... much easier..... Then connect to your computer and see if it works Hope it does..........Please rate
If this problem occurs then your ML648B needs to be formatted.
1. Connect your ML648B to your computer with Windows XP or later. 2. By default your computer will recognize ML648B as GPX MTP Device.Press the POWER button from top of your ML648B, to change it to USB mode connection. You will also see USB on the screen of ML648B. 3. ML648B will now mount 2 drives, one as Tools (as CD-Drive) and second as Removable Disk (Drive) – under My Computer on your Windows Desktop. 4. Right click your mouse and then select the Format option.When the Format Removable Disk window appears select the Start button to start formatting your MP3 player.
1. Connect your ML648B to your computer with Windows XP or later. 2. By default your computer will recognize ML648B as GPX MTP Device. (Wait for few seconds to a minute allowing your Windows computer to recognize and install necessary drivers for the device for first time as MTP Device.) 3. Press the POWER button from top of your ML648B, to change it to USB mode connection. You will also see USB on the screen of ML648B.(Wait for few seconds to a minute allowing your Windows computer to recognize and install necessary drivers for the device for first time as USB device.) 4. ML648B will now mount 2 drives, one as Tools (as CD-Drive) and second as Removable Disk (Drive) – under My Computer on your Windows Desktop. 5. Double click & open Tools, and run Setup.exe to start installing Video Conversion Software tool. 6. Select defaults options and finish the installation by clicking on Close or Finish. 7. If asked, click on Continue Anyway on Windows XP or Install this driver software anyway on Windows Vista.
If that fails, then try to download the Sansa Connect Recovery Tool from: http://www.sandisk.com/Retail/Default.aspx?CatID=1532 If that still fails, upgrade the firmware from the Sansa website If that fails, uninstall the software from the installation CD and reinstall it from the Sansa website.
In rare cases, your CD or DVD drive may simply "disappear" or suddenly vanish from your computer under Windows XP, despite the fact it had been previously installed. Perform the following simple steps to recover your lost drive. This is VERY easy.
I used the method that you use to update the firmware. Turn off the unit ,,, slide it to HOLD. Then plug into the USB. Seems to work every time for me .. Hope you have the same luck. Strange that it has always worked until now ... same OS .. no updates since then ... But at least I can access it. There is no driver I can find in the software bundle CD.
You probably erased some of the players system configuration files in the process of your file removal. You might want to reformat the device by going to my computer and right clicking of reforamt this device. Once completed you might want to unistall the device as well and make a complete fresh install of it by either installing the driver again using the players website download or the cd that came with you player.
To unistall the device do the following:
1)Go to start
2)Right click on my computer and select properties.
3)Once there go to the device manager tab.
4)make sure it is connected
5)Find your device and right click and click uninstall.
6)After just restart your system and install the driver again for your player or insert the Cd
another alternative would be instead of uninstalling is to check for a device update.