Question about AsanteTalk - Ethernet to LocalTalk Adapter Transceiver
Can't find printer, need help. thanks.
The wonderful Asante tech support people in San Jose, CA, talked me through this fix last week:
This is for system 10.5.x.
1. Delete that printer from your list of printers in System Preferences.
2. Make sure your computer, printer, and Asante box are all hooked up together and turned on.
3. Click + under the list of printers in System Preferences.
4. Click AppleTalk icon in top row of dialogue box that appears.
5. After a moment, click Bluetooth icon instead.
6. After a moment, unplug the power cord from your Asante box (but not from the electrical outlet).
7. After a moment, re-plug the power cord into your Asante box and, as soon as possible after the "TX" light comes on, click the AppleTalk icon again.
8. Within a few moments, your printer's name should appear. Highlight its name, then make sure all the information about it that appears is correct, then click "Add."
9. Everything should communicate beautifully. I had no further problems.
Posted on Jan 17, 2009
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 06, 2011 | Apple LaserWriter 8500 Printer
Mar 29, 2009 | HP PSC 2175 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Dec 29, 2017 | Apple LaserWriter 12/640 PS Plus Printer
Dec 21, 2008 | AsanteTalk - Ethernet to LocalTalk Adapter...
Nov 19, 2008 | Apple LaserWriter 12/640 PS Plus Printer
Nov 13, 2008 | AsanteTalk - Ethernet to LocalTalk Adapter...
Jun 25, 2008 | AsanteTalk - Ethernet to LocalTalk Adapter...
Mar 09, 2008 | AsanteTalk - Ethernet to LocalTalk Adapter...
Dec 12, 2007 | Apple LaserWriter 8500 Printer
433 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: