Error message on Kenmore oven
F-1 is not good. It basically means the EOC (electronic oven control is bad). There is a little test here for a little info:
This simple test will
help determine whether the ERC (Electronic Range Control or Clock) or the
touch pad is defective when F1 error code is present.
Note: Some models incorporate the touch pad in to the ERC as a single
assembly, in which case this test is not necessary. Simply replace the ERC
Warning: If you feel in any way uncomfortable performing this test or
making this repair, please contact a qualified appliance repair
1. Disconnect power to the range (unplug the range power cord or turn the
power off to the range at the circuit breaker). It is very important that
the power to the range has been disconnected, so please double check
2. Gain access inside the control panel.
3. Disconnect the touch pad (also called keypad or membrane switch) ribbon
from the ERC.
4. Make sure there are no lose wires, or anything else that may cause a
short when power is turned back on. Assemble the control panel back the
way it was.
5. Turn the power back on.
6. Wait for at least one hour to see if the F1 code comes back (usually
accompanied by a beeping sound).
7. If F1 comes back, replace the ERC. If it does not, replace the touch
Sep 04, 2009 |
Kenmore 40494 / 40495 / 40499 Electric...