Question about Polaroid PDV 0707N Portable DVD Player
My polaroid dvd player will load and play for about 20 min.then it will freeze and not go any further polaroid pdv-0707n load then 20 min. freezes up want start back
If for some reason you would opt for user performed action, then pls try:
1. reset, unplug from the mains for at least an hour and try again;
2. check if there is a slide switch of some sort at the rear of the unit;
3. check if there may be a pinhole somewhere along the bottom of the loading tray where a blunted point safety pin maybe inserted;
4. open the top cover and manually eject the tray;
5. check internally if there is a mechanical problem such as a slipping/cut belt, gears that do not mesh correctly;
6. if the unit has been in use for some time, it may simply need cleaning and re-application of lubricant in the mechanical assembly.
The slider mechanism, depending on the age of the unit and , consists of the small chrome rail, a drive motor, a small gear assembly, and (in some units) a small belt that drives the slider unit via the motor. This small belt causes all sorts of problems. If the belt is broken or slipping, it can cause skipping, dropouts, or simply no start up at all. Also, if the belt breaks in the middle of the disc, the drive mechanism gets hair or dirt wrapped up into the gears, or the pick-up assembly doesn’t return to the start position (called home), the unit will (99% of the time) refuse to release the disc, causing it to become stuck inside the unit. There’s a little micro or leaf type switch located at home position that sometimes gets dirty or breaks and, causing this problem also.
Hope this may help;
DON'T FORGET TO RATE:
Posted on Sep 06, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 30, 2013 | Samsung BD-C6900 Blu-ray 3D Player
Dec 19, 2009 | Sony BDP-S350 Blu-Ray Player
Dec 15, 2009 | Denon DVD-2800 DVD Player
Oct 13, 2009 | Dell STUDIO 1735 Motherboard - H274K
Dec 08, 2007 | Sony AVD-C70ES DVD Player
Apr 16, 2007 | Curtis CMD5000 DVD Player
Apr 09, 2011 | Polaroid PDV 0707N Portable DVD Player
Mar 14, 2010 | Polaroid PDV 0707N Portable DVD Player
134 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!