Question about HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Are you setting it up as anetwork printer check if you miss out any of the following steps and restart the setup
Setting Up a Network Printer
1. Click on the Start button, then click Control Panel, then click Printers and Faxes, then click Add Printer.
2. A new Add Printer Wizard window opens. Click Next to start.
3. Select Local printer attached to this computer. Make sure Automatically detect and install my Plug and Play printer is NOT checked.
4. Then click Next to continue
5. We will create a new port for your network printer. Select Create a new port.
6. Beside Type of Port, click on the down arrow, then click on Standard TCP/IP Port.
7. Click Next to continue.
8. A new Add Printer Port Wizard will open. Click Next to continue
9. You must now type your printer's IP Address in the Printer Name or IP Address field.
10. The Port Name will automatically be filled when you enter the IP Address. Do not change the Port Name.
11. Click Next to continue.
13. IF YOU DID NOT HAVE PROBLEMS, Windows XP will scan the network to find your printer's IP Address. This may take a few seconds. Select Finish to continue
14. You must now select the printer's manufacturer and model. Windows XP will automatically select the detected manufacturer and printer driver. Normally, you will not have to change this selection.
15. OPTIONAL: If your printer is listed but you have more than one printer model to choose from, please select the model with PS, if available.
for example Select HP and then 8750/8450/8150 and click Next
16. IF your network printer is NOT automatically detected, select the Windows Update button to find the proper software drivers.
17. You will be prompted to confirm the selected printer driver. Make sure Keep existing driver is selected, then click Next to continue.
18. You will be prompted to assign the printer a Name. You can use the default name, or add more info to indicate the printer location, such as My Office, Hallway, Foyer, Room 222, etc.
19. Select Yes if you want to use the printer as the default printer. Click Next to continue.
20. You will be prompted to share the network printer. Do NOT share the network printer.
21. Click Next to continue.
22. You will be prompted to print a test page. Select Yes, then click Next.
23. Check your network printer to make sure your page printed. Select Yes when prompted to confirm a successful test page.
24. Click on the Finish button to complete the Add Printer Wizard.
Posted on Sep 06, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 12, 2016 | Janome Sewing Machines
Jul 12, 2010 | Canon CLC 1150 Color Copier
Jan 10, 2010 | Toshiba E-Studio167 Copier
Sep 25, 2009 | Canon imageRUNNER 5000 Copier
Sep 01, 2009 | Craftsman Saws
Mar 24, 2009 | Kyocera Mita KM-3035 All-In-One Laser...
Apr 29, 2008 | Konica Minolta bizhub 350 All-In-One Laser...
Sep 25, 2007 | Alps MD 5000 Thermal Printer
48 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: