Question about ATI All-in-Wonder 2006 PCI Express , (256MB) (256 MB) PCI Express Graphic Card
I get sound but no vision when connecting my camcorder to the composite input, can you please assist, thanks
I guess you are using the DOMINO interface included with the card, Be sure to connect it well to the card, a loose connection may leave you soundless too.
Remember to check that your cam is delivering audio through the composite cable you're using and connect it to a TV first to confirm that's not the problem.
Once there, confirm you can watch TV on your All-In-Wonder, if you have that same problem (audio:YES, image:NO) you may have a driver problem, which can be fixed following the next directions.
The fix starts by first doing a "deep uninstall" of all ati drivers and programs present in the affected computer computer, remember to remove al ati related programs from control panel's add remove utility, including the whole multimedia center. And finally reinstalling the new drivers (observing WDM drivers).
You should have downloaded the most recent catalyst drivers from ati, and the most recent multimedia center completely (about 80+Mb) that are available for your card.
Also visit the previous versions of the catalyst drivers, the all-in-wonder 2006 seems to be only compatible with the WDM drivers up to ver.8.4 and download it "alone" (don't worry if the latest drivers include the WDM, you can write v.8.4 over it any time).
Now proceed with the "deep uninstall" following this directions, taken from somewhere on the internet, thanks to the one who wrote them...
1. Go into the Control Panel and under the ADD/REMOVE SOFTWARE icon uninstall the ATI Multimedia software and/or the ATI DVD software.
2. Uninstall the ATI drivers also found in the Add/Remove section. Once removed, it will prompt you to reboot....do so.
3. When returning to windows, the NEW HARDWARE FOUND wizard will come up and will tell you that it has found a new VGA card and will prompt you for drivers. Hit CANCEL!
4. Now, go to START - SEARCH - FOR FILES OR FOLDERS and do a search for all files and folders using the filename ati*.*
This search will normally give you 3 to 4 files found in your c:/windows directory and subdirectories (including the Windows/System directory). Select these files and erase them. Now go to your Recycle Bin and Empty your bin.
5. Next...time to go to your Registry. Go to START -- RUN -- regedit
Here go to key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -- SYSTEM -- ControlSet001 -- Control -- Video . Here there should be 4 entries. 3 of them are default Windows XP entries and the 4th one is put in by the ATI drivers. Expand each one by one until you see ATI entries. Once found, erase the entire key.
Now repeat the same step above for the ControlSet002 key and the CurrentControlSet Key. Normally, whenever you erase a key in the ControlSet001, XP automatically deletes it in the CurrentControlSet section too. So if the ATI key is not found in the CurrentControlSet section, don't worry about it.
Once all keys are deleted, proceed to the next step.
6. While still in the registry, go to the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -- SOFTWARE section. Here you should find an ATI Technologies key. Select it and delete it. In that same section, look for an Installed Options key. Expand it and there you should find another ATI Technologies key. Select it and erase it.
7. Still in the registry, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER -- Software and there you should find another ATI technologies key. Select it and erase it. Once all this is done, close the registry. the registry is now clean. Though you might want to even run a registry cleaner, like the one included in the freeware program CCLEANER, it's very good, can be undone and it's safe enough to use it almost blindly.
8. Close all windows and reboot.
9. When in windows after the reboot the NEW HARDWARE FOUND WIZARD will pop up again. Cancel that. Now find the new ATI drivers that you have downloaded and extracted and run the SETUP file. Once complete, reboot and you are done. You may want to reinstall your ATI MMC software and DVD software if you use them. DONE!
ONCE YOU'VE DONE ALL THE INSTALLING OF THE LATEST CATALYST DRIVERS AND MULTIMEDIA CENTER (is a 4 part download, be sure to install the 4 parts "only the dvd codec is optional" and leave the MMC part to install at last) BE SURE TO INSTALL V.8.4 OF THE WDM DRIVERS (for the all-in-wonder 2006), OTHERWISE YOU'LL HAVE THE SAME BLACK SCREEN WHICH IS ALSO CALLED AN OVERLAY FAIL.
Restart and run your TV, it will work. Please check if your TV comes out at 240i resolution instead of 480i, you might need to disable the TV ON DEMAND feature of the tv program. This is done at the registry. Close the TV program and Run Regedit, then look at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ATI Technologies\Multimedia\Features\DTV\Channel Manager, the Key you need to change from 0 to 1 is the one called LiveMode. Close Regedit and restart. Start the TV program, and check, you should see the 480i resolution (at the top info bar), if not press ALT+3 and then ALT+2 and then ALT+1 (don't check any of the boxes in any of the questions), that should finally do it. Any problem? Just close TV program and do it all over again from the begining more carefully or trying some little variations in the ALT part.
All this solves many problems as with the TV program showing CORRUPT and BLACK or BLANK SCREENS with AUDIO which are also called OVERLAY FAILURES in many or maybe even all of the ALL IN WONDER (PCI Express or AGP) cards and even with the TV WONDER cards and USB adapters, the only difference between the cards might be the top WDM driver version you migh be able to use with an especific card. Please watch that you might need to try all the versions of the WDM available untill you find the one that works for you (the AIW2006 uses v.8.4, but for example the TV WONDER USB2.0 is able to use the latest available.)
Posted on Jan 04, 2009
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 28, 2013 | Panasonic Viera TH-42PZ80U Plasma TV
Mar 06, 2012 | Sony Handycam CCD-TRV37 Camcorder
Sep 27, 2010 | RCA CC6151 Camcorder
Apr 09, 2010 | Panasonic AG-185 Camcorder
Mar 23, 2010 | Panasonic PV-DF2704 27 in. TV/VCR/DVD...
Mar 11, 2010 | Pinnacle Dazzle DVD Recorder
Nov 05, 2009 | Sanyo Televison & Video
Jul 23, 2009 | LG RZ-17LZ21 17 in. LCD Television
Apr 06, 2009 | Sony DCR-SR30E Camcorder
Mar 17, 2008 | Sony Handycam DCR-HC14E Mini DV Digital...
171 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: