I have a Dell Inspiron 1300. It worked fine until yesterday.
When I switch on it starts as normal for the first few seconds
ie I can see the F2 Setup and F12 options. Then I get the single blue banner with www.dell.com at the top and then a brief message flashes up
'Loading PBR descriptor.....done....' but then the screen goes blank.
Any suggestions would we welcome - I have gone into Setup and done disgnostic test but all seems ok.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: Screen goes blank soon after switching on
Try "Safe Mode" (holding F8 key on boot and selecting "Save Mode"), then run diagnostics and an up to date (virus definitions) Anti-Virus full scan. If Safe Mode is not accessible then you may want to consider a format and clean install by booting to your Windows (?) CD.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. You may have a power supply issue. the power adapter is not completely charging the battery. 2. You battery may not be holding a charge and needs replacement. 3. Contact Dell support for a technical support.
Black screen is often caused by a defective screen. The easiest way to determine if you have a hardware or software problem is by performing a power drain. Please follow the steps below for additional instructions.
Power Drain: 1. Turn off the computer.
2. Unplug the AC adapter from the power outlet and take out the battery from the system.
3. Now, press the power button for about 15-20 seconds.
4. Put back the battery in and plug the AC adapter.
5. Turn on the system and try observing it. --> If power drain did not work, you need to consult a repairman to have your screen be checked for possible damage.
There are some circuits malfunktion in your keyboard.
Try to connect and external keyboard and you will see that the external keyboard works fine.
This way you can continue using your computer,
and continue writing,untill you get a replacement keyboard.
You need to replace the keyboard.
Hope this helped you to continue using your computer.
If you were helped. Please vote!
Hi my inspiron 6400 cannot boot up after trying several time .I press switch on, then after 3 second it goes off again.Battery fully charge.
2)rep used mother board
3)rep touch pad
I hope anyone that know this fault .Kindly help me with the issue.