Got 2 units Epson printer (1 is Epson LX-300+II and Epson LQ-300+).
When print the same document, the font print out from that 2 printer is different! The LX-300+II's font not like what we did in our document. The font like having"broken line" . I confrim the pin head is ok.
This fix is for windows xp sp3 32-bit( but i think it's the same on other windows)
from desktop, go to printers & faxes from start menu. on the printers & faxes window, right-click on the printer you want to change settings, select 'printing preferences, click on 'advanced...' button on the settings window of the printer..look for 'print quality' under the 'graphic' menu and change to 240x144 dpi(dots per inch)
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This is a feature provided by the manufacture to protect the print head overheat for small dot matrix printers. Here giving printer head connection diagram, the last two row have temperature sensing (thermister) connection pin 1 to 1. If the thermister is faulty in the print head the printer will auto pause abnormally. Check the printer with compatible / EPSON recommended print head. These kind of small printer only for POS printing not for continues printing.
The Epson printer is controlled directly by the computer
it is connected to. The printer actually has no say in how and what it
prints, so if you want to change any aspect of your print document (such
as the text) you need to adjust the text in the document you are
printing from. This only requires a few clicks of your mouse and once
the text style is changed you may begin printing with the next font.
1. Open the program you are printing from and want to change the text font of.
2. Select "File," "Open" (or click the "Open" button on the front of the program), then choose the document you want to print.
3. Click-and-drag over the text you want to change. Once highlighted, click the font type option on the top of the page and choose the new font you want. Once selected, all the highlighted area changes.
4. Click "File," "Print" and choose the Epson Stylus CX5000 as the device you are printing from. Click "OK" and the document will print with the new text.
I hope you find it very helpful. Thank you for choosing fixya.com where we provide greater solutions.
Here is how: 1. Printer should be turned on, but not printing 2. Hold down PAUSE button for 3 seconds. The pause light will flash and the 2 tear off (FONT) lights shows the current font selected 3. Press Tear off(FONT) button to cycle thru fonts till light indicate the font you want. When you select the font needed it stays in use as default till you change it.
Note: Some software can change the printer font selected.
PDFs are designed to print using Postscript language. The problem will occur with any non-Postscript printer. You can get better results on Windows printers by clicking on the "Advanced' button in the Print dialogue window. Then check 'Print as Image'.