Question about RCA F27625 27" TV
It needs repaired. I can think of many different possibilities causing the problem: 1. Shorted video luminance driver transistor. Should be under $200 total repair if you take set in. 2. Shorted green kine bias transistor. $200 3. Failed jungle ic. $250 4. Shorted green gun in the picture tube. More than you paid for tv set... Rca picture tubes commonly run 25% more than the tv set did new!!!!!!!
Posted on Nov 28, 2005
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 10, 2012 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-34HS420 34" TV
May 02, 2012 | Sony KP-53N77 TV
Mar 19, 2009 | Sony KP-41T25 41" TV
Jan 21, 2009 | RCA 20F512T 20" TV
Mar 28, 2008 | Samsung HL-P6163W 61" TV
Dec 01, 2007 | RCA 32F531T 32" TV
You have a problem with the three factors, and they are screen voltage, focus voltage, and control (focus 2) voltage. Basically these voltages have to be adjusted since the components in this section have aged some. These controls are usually located in the television on the IHVT (Integrated High Voltage Transformer) or as it is also called the flyback transformer. these controls must be adjusted together, along with the color controls. Here is how the adjustment is done (You will need a schematic diagram, a DC volt meter, and a color bar generator to do these measurments):
1) turn color and tint fully counter clockwise until you have a black and white picture.
2) connect the color bar generator to the TV (ch 3) and turn it on, you should see bars in various shades of gray
3) adjust as best as possible the color and tint controls to obtain the color bars on the screen Red Green Blue.
4) measure the voltages on the focus, screen and control grids of the CRT and match them to the schematic digram measurements.
5) adjust the focus screen and control grids to match the ones on the schematic diagram
6) once this is done then you adjust the color controls once again to obtain the red green and blue bars on the TV screen.
This should help if the CRT (picture tube) electron guns are still good and if the flyback transformer voltage supply is working.
However if you do not have a background in electronics please take the TV to a shop for repairs.
I hope this helps,
Oct 16, 2007 | Sony KV-20M20 20" TV
Apr 03, 2011 | RCA F27625 27" TV
95 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: