Question about GE Profile JT912 Electric Single Oven
Get e1 f2 message on startup
Oven over temp - exceeded 590F with door in unlocked position or 990F with door locked - If actual temp condition occurred, look for welded relay contacts or high resistance connection or any cause in the oven temperature sensor circuit
Note: Also see fan thermal switches - Indicates that oven is over temperature in one of the following modes within either a cooking or clean mode of operation.
· Control senses oven temperature above 650 degrees F with the door circuit in the unlock mode.
· Control senses oven temperature above 935 degrees F with the door in the locked mode.
· Stalled cooling fan or airflow problem.
· Look for welded relay contacts. (Heating elements on in off mode).
· Look for open thermal switch in lock motor circuit. Switch is normally closed and will open if area overheats due to fan not operating. Look for cause - fan thermal switch not closing, fan stalled, etc.
· Look for high resistance in the oven temperature sensor circuit due to high contact resistance (poor terminal crimp, deformed terminals, loose connection) or intermittent solder joint on control or intermittent oven temperature sensor.
Posted on May 26, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 01, 2015 | Whirlpool Ovens
Jan 08, 2014 | Whirlpool RBD305PD Electric Double Oven
F2-E1 Error indicates
a loose/broken wire on the oven temp sensor or the oven temp. sensor itself is
bad and should be replaced. To solve this issue test the oven temp. sensor, it
should read between 1080-1120 ohms, if the rating is more then that and the door
appears to be closing fine then it is the control board that is bad and should
be replaced. Hope this helps...please post back for further assistance.
Aug 08, 2011 | Kenmore Ovens
Jan 05, 2011 | Whirlpool RBD305PD Electric Double Oven
Jan 16, 2010 | KitchenAid KEBC107 Electric Single Oven
Feb 16, 2009 | Frigidaire 30" Self-Cleaning Freestanding...
Dec 07, 2008 | Whirlpool 30" Self-Cleaning Freestanding...
Jul 15, 2008 | KitchenAid KEBC207 Electric Double Oven
Dec 22, 2007 | KitchenAid KEBC207 Electric Double Oven
Nov 28, 2013 | GE Profile JT912 Electric Single Oven
220 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: