Question about Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
If you are referring to the router password the default is admin you can go to the router setup page via opening a browser on a computer connected to it then typing in 192.168.1.1
The username is left blank then the password is admin if that does not work then you changed it. If that works you can change it via the administration tab on that page.
If you are referring to the wireless password. Go to the same page as above then go to the wireless tab then under that you will see basic wireless go to the one beside it that says WIRELESS security after that there you can see ify ou have security on the router as well as the type of security and password that you need.
If you need further help just message me.
Posted on Sep 06, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
the router to the factory defaults will delete any changes you have
made to the router, including any security settings. This should be used
as a last resort.
The first method involves simply pressing a button located on the back of the router. The image below (courtesy of Linksys) shows where the button is located.
Linksys WRT54G Reset Button Location
To reset your router, use the following steps:
Sep 24, 2011 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Mar 31, 2011 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Feb 27, 2011 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Jan 11, 2011 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
1. Using a computer that is plugged into the router directly with a network cable, open a web browser.
2. In the "Address Bar" type http://192.168.1.1 and press Enter.
A box should appear asking for a "User Name" and a "Password". Leave
the "User Name" field empty, and type your WRT54G router password into
the "Password" field (the default "Password" is admin) and click the OK button or press [Enter].
4. The WRT54G "Setup" page should now appear. Click onto the Wireless page.
5. When the "Wireless" page loads, you should be on the Basic Wireless Settings sub-section.
6. Look for the "Wireless Channel" option. The default channel is set to "6 - 2.437GHz". Change it to either "1 - 2.412GHz", or "11 - 2.462GHz".
7. Click on the Save Settings button toward the bottom of the page to save changes. Click Continue when prompted to reload the page.
The channel of your WRT54G has now been changed. Restart your wireless
computers so that they can automatically connect using the new channel.
If you still experiencing interference using channels 1, 6, or 11, try
switching the router to the other channels as well (2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9,
10) and find one that captures a good connection.
If you need more help come back.Post / thumbs / testimonial are welcome!
Nov 20, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Oct 02, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
A new window will prompt for a User name and Password. Leave the User name field blank then enter your router's password ("admin" is the default password), then click OK.
If you forgot the router's password you need to reset the router. For instructions, click here.
NOTE : For WRP400, the default IP address would be "192.168.15.1" and if you place the router behind a primary router with the IP address of "192.168.15.1", then the router will automatically assume a new default IP address, "192.168.16.1".
The router's IP address can be changed by:
1. Running the router's setup CD.
2. Changing it on the router's web-based setup page.
If you forgot the router's IP address you can:
1. Check the router's IP address. For instructions, click here.
2. Press the Reset button at the back of the router for 30 seconds.
Aug 23, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Jun 08, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Dec 29, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Feb 16, 2006 | Linksys (WRT54GC) Router
29 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!