Question about OKI Office Equipment & Supplies
Your asking a bit much
1) - Power ON printer while holding both the + & - buttons until “OKIUSER” message appears in LCD.
2) - Press + or – button until “ENGINE DIAG MODE” is displayed.
3) Press "ENTER", displayed will be "DIAGNOSTIC MODE XX.XX.XX S-MODE"
4) Press + or – button until “NV-RAM INITIAL” is displayed.
Half way, dont stop too long it will time out....
5) Press "ENTER" again.
6) Will appear "TABLE 1" message.
7) Press "ENTER" until "EXECUTING RESET" message appear. ...............the "NV-RAM INITIAL" message will BLINK.
Tada....This procedure reset TONER, DRUM, FUSER and BELT...life counts
8) power OFF printer, wait 10 sec, and power ON again..
To access Service Mode in C9300 power ON printer with 0, 1, 6, 7 at same time...you can do some good damage in there!! (I warned ya!)
Resetting consumables for OKI C7300,C7500,C9300 printer I think!
1. Hold buttons 0 + 1 + 6 + 7 on startup.
2. Press button 0 several times until "DIAGNOSTIC MODE xx.xx.xx" shows.
3. Hold buttons 2 + 3 until "ENGINE DIAG LEVEL 4" shows.
4. Press button 1 to scroll to "COUNTER SET".
5. Press button 2 to scroll through menu items (button 6 scrolls backwards)
6. To alter the value of an item, first press button 3 to select the digit to be altered. The selected digit will slowly flash. (Button 3 moves to the right through the digits. Button 7 takes you to the left.)
7. Then press button 2 to increase the value of the selected digit. Press button 6 to decrease the value.
8. When the changes have been made hold buttons 1 + 3 + 5. The screen will flash three times and then an * will appear on the right of the screen. The new value is set.
9. To leave the counter set menus, turn the printer off.
Each colour toner counter shows life as percentage used. So a toner showing 30% has used up 30% of its toner. 100% would indicate a near empty toner. This is the reverse of the toner life shown from the "usage menu" when the printer is in normal operation, which shows the toners as a percentage life remaining. You will want toner showing 00%. note:this is oposite of what you see in user mode
Some models exhange these steps
3) HOLD 0 + 4 "ENGINE DIAG LEVEL 2" shows
4) Press 1 to cycle to "fuser unit"
5) 2 to scroll to TONER
REST IS SAME WE WANT TO SET WHAT i GUESS IS AT 100% TO 0%.
Posted on Nov 19, 2007
Drum units are different than toner. Drums are expensive but need to be replaced between 30,000-40,000 impresions
Posted on Mar 16, 2009
SOURCE: 540 : y toner sensor error
Here is your problem.
When setting up a brand new C5100n or C5300n out of box, a toner sensor error is encountered.
The printer can display any one of the following errors:
543K: TONER SENSOR ERROR
540Y: TONER SENSOR ERROR
541M: TONER SENSOR ERROR
542C: TONER SENSOR ERROR
This generally can be caused by two things.
1. The toner cartridge lock lever is not in the correct position.
2. The Transfer Belt lock levers are not in the correct position.
Check the appropriate toner cartridge lock lever (Shown below) and make sure that it is in the correct position.
CORRECT POSTITION INCORRECT POSITION
Check both transfer belt lock levers (Shown below) to ensure that they are in the correct position.
Hopes this helps
Posted on May 24, 2009
I had a customer with that problem and the issue was the toner cartridge. If you take it out of the photoconductor unit and look on the end there should be a metal connector tab. If you look on the left side of the photo unit you will see metallic contact points that need to connect to the metal tab. Oki has several toners that will physically fit in the B4600 but they have to be the ones with the metal tab to work right or you get the error. The correct toner part numbers are: 43502301 or 43502001
Check your toner for the tab is that is not the problem, get back with me and we can go from there.
Posted on Aug 07, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 11, 2013 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 11, 2010 | OKI C5500n Printer
Jan 29, 2010 | OKI C5100n Laser Printer
Jul 10, 2009 | OKI C5500n Printer
May 24, 2009 | OKI C5500n Laser Printer
Mar 16, 2009 | OKI C5100 Laser Printer
Oct 06, 2008 | OKI C5500n Printer
Jan 11, 2008 | OKI C5200n Laser Printer
Nov 13, 2007 | OKI C9300 Led Printer
483 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: