Question about Uniden TCX805 Cordless Expansion Handset
My parents had a TRU8866 (2-line) base, but lost the handsets. We bought 3 new TCX805 handsets, but none of them would register on the base. When placed on the base, the display would say "connecting" but never register. The message would then return to the default "models vary!..." message. Since then, we have purchased a new base to see if that was the problem, but still nothing. Both manuals indicate that the two models are compatible, but we can't get it to work!
Forget what I said before, the TCX905 does NOT fit into the TRU 8866 base unit with the battery cover on. REMOVE THE BATTERY COVER TO REGISTER THE TCX905 WITH THE TRU8866 and everything works fine....
Forget what I said before, the TCX905 does NOT fit into the TRU 8866 base unit with the battery cover on.
REMOVE THE BATTERY COVER TO REGISTER THE TCX905 WITH THE TRU8866 and everything works fine....
Posted on Oct 21, 2007
SOURCE: Resetting the Handset
YOU might need to deregister the hand set first by holding down the red end (hang up key) and keep it down while holding the # key. If deregister wont work use base unavailable and yes, you are sure twice.
List the handset numbers of those working handsets
Using a WORKING handset follow these directions
If you want to register the handset to a different base or
replace a handset with another one, you must first clear the
registration information from the base and the handset.
1. Press and hold [ ] and [#] for
at least 5 seconds, until the
SYSTEM RESET menu
2. Select the DEREGISTER HS
submenu. WHICH HANDSET?
appears in the display.
3. Move the cursor to select the handset ID to be de-registered
from the list, and then press the OK soft key. DEREGISTER HS
appears. CHOSE A NUMBER THAT IS NOT ONE OF YOUR WORKING HANDSETS
4. Move the cursor to select YES, and then press the OK soft key.
When ARE YOU SURE? appears, select YES. You will hear a
PUT THE HANDSET IN THE BASE CHARGER AND IT SHOULD REGISTER
Hope This Helps - It worked for me
Posted on Oct 02, 2008
SOURCE: ADDING HANDSET SAYS OUT OF RANGE
A search of Uniden support only said to call 1-800-297-1023 with handset registration issues. The rep picked up quickly and walked me through the reset procedure. Here it is step-by-step:
1. Remove battery
2. Hold down the * and # buttons and reinsert battery. You should hear a long beep. If not retry. (This is a bit awkward but hold the handset upside down and it's workable)
3. Screen will be blank. Immediately press the right soft menu button.
4. Screen will report that EEPROM is clearing and then state EEPROM Clear Ok
5. Remove battery (yes again)
6. Reinsert battery (this time there's no need to hold down any buttons)
7. Handset will reboot with Welcome screen and then state that phone must be registered (this is the status a handset should be in from the factory)
8. Place handset on base and it will register as normal
Posted on Oct 09, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 27, 2015 | AT&T DECT 6.0 Expansion Accessory Handset...
Mar 21, 2013 | AT&T Lands Phones
Mar 01, 2013 | AT&T ATT EL52500 DECT 6.0 5-Handset...
Oct 14, 2011 | AT&T TL32100 Cordless Phone
May 08, 2009 | Uniden TRU8866 Cordless Phone
Feb 28, 2009 | Panasonic KX-TG5632 Phone
Apr 02, 2008 | Lands Phones
Mar 12, 2008 | Uniden DECT 6.0 Cordless Telephone...
Mar 10, 2008 | Uniden TCX905 Cordless Accessory Handset...
Dec 17, 2007 | Uniden TRU8885-2 Cordless Phone
114 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: