Unlock region code on Sony CD/DVD Player DVP-NS57P
Hello, Worldvet. I am trying to unlock the region code on a Sony CD/DVD Player DVP-NS57P. I was in absolute amazement after following the steps you shared for the Sony DVP-NS55P DVD Player in hopes that it would work for my model, but low and behold, it still only plays US and I need EU, as well. Can you fix it?! :) Would be much obliged. Many thanks!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
On these Sony DVD players we run up against their 'efforts' to defeat DVD piracy. And, even though Courts have determined you have the 'right' to move where ever you want to live, and then watch your already purchased DVDs in that new country the DVD players still will not allow you to view your DVDs.
All that said, should the sequence you entered not work for you, Sony has installed a program in your onboard chipset to defeat your efforts.
I'll take a minute or two to see if there is an alternate method for your particular DVD player. In the long run Sony Customer Support is supposed to help you change this, they are required to do this. But, Sony is a huge company and getting to the right Help Desk of theirs is not an easy hill to climb.
1) Plug the DVD Power Cord to the wall jack, but DO NOT Turn On the player;
2) With the Remote Control, press: Display, Top Menu, Clear and Power;
3) It will enter in the Service Mode;
4) Choose option 2 and then 4;
5) It will ask for an Input Code and Current Code (its 5 spaces), press 1245 and then Zero;
6) Leave all Zero erasing 1245, and on the bottom field all Zero too, then press Enter;
7) So the DVD Display will show a Zero (all Region-Free),
then press Power to Turn Off.