- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Windows XP and Windows Vista and Windows 7 have built-in device-drivers for this pen-drive.
Microsoft (and probably Kingston) no longer support Windows 98/ME (since 2008) and no longer support Windows 2000 (since July 2010). So, device-drivers for those "unsupported" operating-systems probably are _NOT_ available.
There are two most common causes of Pen Drive not working
1) The usb port You are connecting it has not enough power output to operate the pendrive (many older computers and laptops have this issue) solution buy an powered USB HUB one with a power adapter You put in a wall socket and then connect Your Pen Drive thruu this hub
2) Operating system lacks drivers for Your particular Pen (windows up to Millenium lack proper usb support and newer I mean XP Vista? (Not sure bout this last one) need administrative privileges to recognise some Pen Drive for the first time or even a driver diskette (some very rare cases).
to use USB mass storage in Windows 98 you need to install drivers for your mass device. So,
Findout if any CD/DVD shipped with your pendrive. Install driver from that to your Windows 98 PC, then you can use it.
If you don't have any setup disk from manufacturer, there might be drivers and software prestored in your pen drive. Use this pendrive to any other PC with XP/Vista. Burn these files to any CD/DVD and then make install these drivers to your Windows 98 PC, after that you can use your pen drive on your Windows 98 PC.
If you are not able to do step 2, then goto manufacturer's site select your model no. and download driver and install.
If still you didn't found. Tell me your pendrive manufacturer and model no. I will try to give you link.