An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has achieved Level 3.
Re: PDC 1100 camera with Windows NT4/Me/2000.
Windows Me and 2000 -
A new camera TWAIN driver (version 4.1e) compatible with Windows Me and 2000 is now available for download. The new TWAIN driver will allow photo transfer using most image viewing or editing programs that are TWAIN compatible.
Windows NT4 -
No TWAIN driver is available for use with Windows NT4.
However, the PDC 1100 accommodates a removable CompactFlash memory card (maximum 128MB) for storing images. When used with a Windows NT4-compatible CompactFlash card reader, images can be dragged and dropped from the camera's memory card to any location on your computer's hard drive.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Normally this is caused by not having installed the driver for the camera, the driver is located on the software disk that came with your camera, once installed the computer will recognize your camera, if you do not have the disk, try looking on the web in the manufacturers site in the support section to see if there is a driver download for your camera.
None of the Polaroid digital cameras listed below can be used as a
"web cam." All of these models are designed for taking still images only.
Fun! Digital 320
Fun! Flash 640
Fun! Flash 640 SE
Fun! Flash 820
MP3 Digital Camera
PDC 640 Plus
Yes, you can use the camera with Windows XP, but you will no longer be able to use a USB port to download your photos. Only serial port downloads are supported under Windows XP for the PDC 1100 camera.
Follow the instructions below to reinstall the PhotoMAX software and camera drivers using Windows XP's Program Compatibility Wizard.
1. Insert the PhotoMAX CD-ROM in the CD drive. If the program begins installing, press OK to close the "not compatible with Windows NT" error message.
2. Start the Wizard by clicking the Start button and choosing All Programs > Accessories > Program Compatibility Wizard. Follow the on-screen prompts.
3. On the second screen, select I want to use the program in the CD-ROM Drive and click Next.
4. Select Microsoft Windows 98/Windows Me and click Next. NOTE: You may have to scroll down to see this option.
5. Uncheck the following items:
* 256 colors
* 640 X 480 Screen Resolution
* Disable Visual Themes
6. Click Next.
7. Click Next again. The PhotoMAX software will begin installing. Follow the on-screen prompts.
8. Follow on-screen prompts to finish the installation and click Finish.
9. When the Compatibility Wizard asks if the program worked correctly select Yes and click Next.
10. When the program asks if you want to send information to Microsoft, select No and click Next to finish the installation.
11. Shut down and restart the computer. After the restart, you should be able to download photos using Windows XP.
The PDC 700 camera TWAIN driver is not 100% compatible with Windows Me because it does not support USB downloads. No new driver software is available from Polaroid -- however, a compatible TWAIN driver is available from a third-party source.
The Pretec DC-800 is the functional equivalent of Polaroid's PDC 700. Pretec's DC-800 Setup Disk for Windows 95/98/ME/2000 is available for download at its online Driver Download Center.
Testing done by Polaroid has shown that this driver works with the PDC 700 using the listed operating systems, including Windows Me.
When accessing the camera with image editing software compatible with the computer's operating system, the camera driver appears as Digital Camera 1024X768 Driver.