I have a Linksys WRT300N router which is connected to a Motorola module (DSL).
My computer #1 stop picking up the internet about 3 weeks ago. The details (via router help screen) are that the computer is connected to the router but the router isn't connected to the internet.
Other interesting facts are that another hard wired connection from the router to another computer works and a third computer works wireless.
Why would one stop working while others work?
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: no internet signal from router
To isolate the concern, it would be better to test the non working computer to the modem. If it works, that means there is a problem with the router and if it isn't then it is a problem with the pc..
If the computer works fine on the modem, you can try the following to check if the router works fine:
1. The modem should be connected to the router's WAN/Internet port.
2. The computers should be hard wired to the router's numbered port
3. On the router's setup page, go to the Status tab and check if the Internet IP address and the DNS are populated. If not, that means the router is not functioning correctly.
4. Go to the wireless tab and make sure that the SSID is customized. Make sure that the wireless computer is connecting to the said SSID.
If those had been checked and it still does not work, you can try updating the firmware of the router, reset and reconfigure it.
However, if the computer does not work on the modem. You may need to have it checked.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Configure the Router1.Step 1 Open your web browser, type " http://192.168.1.1/ " into the address bar and hit "Enter." 2.Step 2 Use "Admin" as the username in the pop-up box and leave the password blank. 3.Step 3 Connect to the Internet and click on "Internet Setup." 4.Step 4 Select your connection type from the drop-down menu. Choose "DHCP" for cable modems or "PPPoE" for most DSL modems. If you are unsure of these options, check with your ISP. 5.Step 5 Set a service set identifier (SSID) to identify the router and change the password. 6.Step 6 Encrypt your wireless connection using a Wireless Encryption Protocol (WEP) key. Under the "Wireless Security" option, enter a passphrase and click "Generate." This will generate a password which will need to be used by any client connecting to your router.
You have two ways on how you can get other computer online through this router. First, you can wired them (using an Ethernet cable) to one of the Ethernet ports on the back of the router. They are the ones labeled 1, 2, 3, and 4.
Second is through wireless, but those computers that will connect through wireless must also have a wireless adapter to be able to pick up the signal that this router is broadcasting.
if your connection (isp) is CABLE you will need to clone the mac of the main computer.
For cable connection verify what computer can go online with your modem, once you know the main pc connect it to port one, access the routers setup page by typing 220.127.116.11 then locate MAC ADDRESS CLONE in line with basic setup. enable it click the macclone button then save settings.
connect your modem to the internet port on the router, do a power cycle on the modem and router.
then check the status tab on the linksys setup page if you have numbers on the dns it should be online.
1. First of all connect your PC Directly with Modem & check if you're able to go online or not.
2. If No , then contact your ISP.
3. If yes ,Disconnect CAT5 cable coming out of Modem from PC & connect into WAN port (on rear panel you'll find it) of Linksys WRT300N Router , After that on rear panel you'll find small hole with a Reset button inside it. Use needle or pen to press it quiet hard for 1 minutes continuosly, This'll restore all default settings.
4. After that give static IP - 192.168.1.2 to your PC ,subnet mask 255.255.255.0 ,default gateway - 192.168.1.1 & connect your PC directly with a LAN port on the back side of Router.
5. After that type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar of your explorer & login window will come , type username = admin & leave password field blank, then you'll get Blue coloured Router configuration page, From this page you can configure your Router.
6.Now if your Internet connection is Cable then default setting will work for you, However for DSL connection ,on this page you'll find internet connection type - selectiondrop down box - select PPPoE into it for DSL connection.
7. After that restart your computer & you should be able to go online.
Make sure you have the wireless icon on the taskbar lower right side. If it does not show connected, click the icon and search for wireless devices, you should see the router. connect to the router. Also make sure you have a solid DSL/CABLE status light on the service modem. BPCS
Often the nets and subnets are NOT the same.. ie The Fixed connection often uses 192.168.0.1, 192.168.1.1, however sometimes the wifi is setup 10.1.1.1, or 10.0.0.1 etc, have you checked this? Esentially tho ya router is an "Acess Point" and ya Lappy etc is ya "Client" the links below has a lot of tutorials to help have a look.