When my power supply blew back in March of this year, I followed the instructions in order to get a factory replacement. Six months later, I still have not received a replacement. What should I do in order to get a replacement?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Are you using the factory wiring harness? If so, there are 2 fuses. If not, it is easy and common to have the red + and black - wires in the wrong order. Really! Even after 20 years of working on them, it happens. Other than that, if you have another harness, or a couple of wires, hook them up when trying to program. Make certain the power supply can handle the amperage draw. I used a 5 amp power supply once, blew a fuse on the radio, then the power supply. Then I'd start looking at input diodes.
To be honest it probably is not cost effictive to repair any but the most expensive MD decks.
I'd suggest you look for a working twin to yours on ebay and buy it.
I spent $350 to get a high end MD deck repaired and the repair only lasted six months. This is even more true with portables.
Watch out for any portable with odd rechargable batteries, there are several legendary protables which cannot be used as the batteries have not been made in years. Replacements if found are overly expensive and probably old, used replacements have little life left in them.
Follow these steps in the order presented to resolve the issue. Step one: Perform a semifull reset
1. Press the Power button to turn off the HP product. 2. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet. 3. Unplug the power cord from the back of the HP product. 4. Wait for 20 seconds. 5. Plug the power cord into the wall outlet. 6. Press and hold # and 6 while plugging the power cord back into the HP product. 7. Press the Power button ( ) to turn on the product. 8. Follow the instructions that display on the HP product to select the settings.
1. On the product control panel display, touch the Setup icon, and then touch Tools . 2. Touch Clean Printhead .
If these steps resolved the issue , there is no need to continue troubleshooting.
If these steps do not resolve the issue, Call HP support since your printer is in warranty as you said its only 7 months you purchased the printer
Call the # 1-800-474-6836 for HP Support ( US )
* Please rate this solution with thumbs up and comment if answered to your satisfaction
You will need to open it up, first thing to look will capacitors int ehpower supply, main AC fuse. http://s807.photobucket.com/home/budm/allalbums
Please verify if it is only six month old, otherwise, take it back to where you get it from.
A capacitor shorted (popped) in the power supply then the fuse blew (went black) unplug TV, remove back cover, look for power supply; follow cord to it; find small silver can with top bubbled (bad)
unsolder/replace; replace fuse. plug in turn on.
This is a quote from the CyberHome Manual: Limited Warranty
1. WHAT DOES THIS WARRANTY COVER? This warranty covers any defects or malfunctions in your new CyberHome DVD player/recorder/writer or accessories.
2. HOW LONG IS THE PERIOD OF COVERAGE? This warranty is valid for service as follows: Three (3) months no charge for labor and up to one (1) year for parts from the date of purchase.
3. WHAT WILL CYBERHOME DO?
LABOR: If the product is determined to be defective within three (3) months of the date of purchase, CyberHome will repair or replace it at no charge. After the three (3) months has expired, you will be responsible for any labor charges.
PARTS: If service is being performed by a CyberHome technician, the cost of parts is covered for up to one (1) year from the date of purchase. CyberHome will not repair or replace defective parts unless the work is performed by a CyberHome technician.
Proof of purchase that is evidence in the form of a bill of sale or a receipted invoice must be provided at the time service is requested in order to receive warranty service.
4. WHAT DOES THIS WARRANTY NOT COVER? Any damage or problem that results from misuse, abuse, or an act of God (such as flood) are not covered. This warranty does not permit recovery of consequential or incidental damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
5. HOW DO YOU GET SERVICE? You must be issued a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number by CyberHome's Customer Service Center. to receive an RMA, contact customer service at 1-888-302-2727 or email customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt of an RMA number, you must the the product back, postage prepaid to:
CyberHome Service Center 48350 Fremont Blvd. Fremont, CA 94538 RMA #
The RMA # must be visible on the outside of the package in order for CyberHome to accept delivery of the returned product.
6. HOW DOES STATE LAW APPLY? This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
CYBERHOME DOES NOT OFFER REFUNDS.
WARRANTY IS INVALID IF PRODUCT IS MODIFIED, ALTERED OR OPENED.
CYBERHOME RECOMMENDS PUTTING UNIT IN A WELL VENTILATED AREA.
Periodic changes are made to our warranty. Please contact customer service or visit our website at: www.cyberhome.com for the latest information regarding your product or warranty.