Question about Dryers
Remove the front panel by following these steps:
1. UNPLUG dryer before servicing.
2. Open lint screen and remove lint screen filter.
3. Remove the two screws at the lint screen opening.
4. The top panel with console, should lift up at this point (you may have to pull it towards you slightly if there are retaining clips holding it in place).
5. Unplug the door latch plug (small white connector plug).
6. Locate the retaining screws that hold the front panel in place. There should be one screw on each side of the cabinet interior at the upper left and right corners of the front panel.
7. With the screws and connector plugs removed, the front panel should lift up slightly, then come off.
NOTE: Note the position of the small retaining clips at the bottom left and right corners behind the front panel. These clips will insert into two slots at the bottom corners of the front panel to hold it in place when re-installing.
I hope you find this information helpful. If you still have questions, please let me know.
PS You can go to searspartdirect.com and type in the same model number you provided. There are helpful exploded view parts diagrams that can assist you. The "Top and Console" and "Cabinet" headings will help you with disassembly (if needed).
Posted on Sep 04, 2008
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 06, 2011 | Maytag MDE308DAYW Electric Dryer
Jan 17, 2018 | Amana NDE7800AY Electric Dryer
May 15, 2010 | Dryers
Jan 19, 2010 | Dryers
Nov 15, 2009 | Kenmore 3.8 cu. ft. HE3 Front Load Washer
Oct 15, 2009 | Whirlpool Dryers
Oct 03, 2009 | KitchenAid Dryers
Sep 19, 2009 | KitchenAid KITCHEN AID 5 Quart Artisan...
May 18, 2009 | KitchenAid KGYS850LT Gas Dryer
146 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!