Question about Dryers
Remove the front panel by following these steps:
1. UNPLUG dryer before servicing.
2. Open lint screen and remove lint screen filter.
3. Remove the two screws at the lint screen opening.
4. The top panel with console, should lift up at this point (you may have to pull it towards you slightly if there are retaining clips holding it in place).
5. Unplug the door latch plug (small white connector plug).
6. Locate the retaining screws that hold the front panel in place. There should be one screw on each side of the cabinet interior at the upper left and right corners of the front panel.
7. With the screws and connector plugs removed, the front panel should lift up slightly, then come off.
NOTE: Note the position of the small retaining clips at the bottom left and right corners behind the front panel. These clips will insert into two slots at the bottom corners of the front panel to hold it in place when re-installing.
I hope you find this information helpful. If you still have questions, please let me know.
PS You can go to searspartdirect.com and type in the same model number you provided. There are helpful exploded view parts diagrams that can assist you. The "Top and Console" and "Cabinet" headings will help you with disassembly (if needed).
Posted on Sep 04, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 12, 2014 | Kenmore Dryers
Mar 06, 2011 | Maytag MDE308DAYW Electric Dryer
Aug 28, 2010 | Maytag SDE2606 Electric Dryer
May 15, 2010 | Dryers
Mar 30, 2010 | Dryers
Jan 19, 2010 | Dryers
Oct 15, 2009 | Whirlpool Dryers
Oct 03, 2009 | KitchenAid Dryers
May 18, 2009 | KitchenAid KGYS850LT Gas Dryer
Jan 17, 2009 | Amana NDE2335AY Electric Dryer
145 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!