TV auto shut off-power indicator light blinking-won't turn back on
You can also try a hard reset: Unplug TV from AC mains and remove all cables from TV. Wait about 30 minutes and replug to AC power and redo the cabling. Switch on the TV and see if it works..
If you are having some problems with your Sony Television, then this post is for you. Generally speaking, when there is trouble with your Sony Television set -- it indicates the issue in either the diagnostic mode, or even more commonly by flashing a series of LED blinks or flashes on the front of your television. Each set or frequency of the blinks indicates a very specific problem with the television itself. In some cases, you may be able to repair the television set yourself -- or in the worst case you may need to order parts, call a local repair shop to the have a repairman sent out, or even purchase a new television set.
First off, here are the list of codes and what they generally mean on my set (which applies to many recent model Sony Television sets. Sony has provided a "self-diagnosis function" with your TV, that in the case of abnormalities or problems the LED or red blinking light on the Timer/Standby indicator flashes a number of times to indicate the issue. Here are the values of the various blinks.
* 0 times, Diagnosis: Power does not turn on. Possible causes include: Power cord is not plugged in, Fuse is burned out (F6001) (G board). Symptoms of the problem: Power does not come on, No power is supplied to the unit, AC power supply is faulty.
* 2 times, Diagnosis: B overcurrent (OCP). Possible causes: H. OUT (Q8024) is shorted. (D board), +B PWM (Q8035, 8038) is shorted. (D board) Symptoms of the problem: Power does not come on, Load on power line is shorted.
* 3 times, Diagnosis: +B overvoltage (OVP). Possible causes: IC501 is faulty (G board), IC5002 is faulty (G board). Symptoms of the problem: TV has entered standby mode.
* 4 times, Diagnosis: Vertical deflection stopped. Possible causes: +- 15V is not supplied. (D board), IC8003 is faulty. (A board) Symptoms of the problem: TV has entered standby state after horizontal raster, Vertical deflection pulse is stopped, Power line is shorted or power supply is stopped.
* 5 times, Diagnosis: White balance failure (Not balanced) Possible causes: Video out (IC7101, 7201, 7301) is faulty (CR, CG, CB board), CRT drive (IC309) is faulty (A board), G2 is improperly adjusted. Symptoms of the problem: No raster is generated, CRT cathode current detection reference pulse output is small.
* 6 times, Diagnosis: LOW B OCP/OVP (Overcurrent/over voltage). Possible causes: +5 line is overloaded. (A, B boards), +5 line is shorted. (A, B boards). Symptoms of the problem: No picture.
* 7 times, Diagnosis: Horizontal deflection stopped. Possible cause: Q8035, 8038 is shorted. (D board)
* 8 times, Diagnosis: High voltage error. Possible cause: T8005 is faulty. (D board)
* 9 times, Diagnosis: Audio error. Possible causes: +- 19V line is shorted. (A, B boards), IC708 is faulty. (A board), PS701 or PS702 is opened. (A board). Symptoms of the problem: No sound
If you would like to attempt a DIY, you will need a service manual to guide you. You can find one here:
However, be aware that there are voltages inside your TV set that can kill, even if unplugged.
Jul 08, 2008 |
Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-27FS120 27" TV