Question about HP Photosmart 3310 Printer
I have seen your help with the fix of a problem with hp printers, and I wonder if you could help me out with my issue.
Today I have replaced the blank ink cartrige on my 3310, after that the printing was not totally ok. It printed 3 or so pages ok and then the ink was fading in horizontal lines on greyish tones.
Tried to find a solution for it and came up with a reset of my printer.
After that a message on the display said I had an scan problem and could not print, copy, scan, send or receive faxes.
The autocheck status showed the black ink printing in light blue.
Well, now I can't do anything. It won't print and gives me this error message:
Ink system failure.
Can't copy recieve or print fax.
Refer to the product manual.
I am totally desperate as I see this is a common problem for many users but I have not find a single solution to it.
I have tried yours but as soon as I go to step# 2 the display shows "information menu" and I get lost from there.
Do you have any idea, suggestion or help that I could use?
Thank you very much for your time and effort to help others.
PS, please if you can give me a hand email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I have just registered to this site and I am not sure if I will be abe to get messages from here.
Thanks in advance.
Thanks for trusting me sionah
Please do not go as per the error message you get.
Because the error message means a lot, like the error message you have 0xc18a0201, as per this message the unit has to be replaced (As i have worked with HP i know which error message has to be replaced or can be fixed)
But you can try this steps once. and i would not garauntee to fix your issue, But Better to give a try.
First of all unplug the power cord from the All-In-One from the printers end aswell as the power outlet.
Leave the cable unpluged for atleast 1Min.
Then connect the cable direrctly to wall outlet without the surg protector. and then connect it back to the All-In-One.
If the message is still there.
Press the # and * key in the All-In-One (The Display will say enter special key Combo)
Then press no 1, 2 and three.(The display will give some information) Ignoge the display.
Press the right arrow key till you see System Configuration Menu> Then press “OK.
1. Display should say “Hardware failure status”. If not there already, Arrow Key over to “Hardware failure status”,
2. Press and release the “OK” button.
3. Display should say “Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear”.
4. Press and release the “OK” Button. Message changes to “Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue”.
5. Press and release the “CANCEL” button as many times as necessary, so that, either the “Welcome to Photosmart Express” screen appears, or, the “Ink System Failure” screen appears. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.
6. Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.
7. Wait 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer
8. Turn the unit on. The printer may display message “USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER” followed by “PRESS OK TO CONTINUE”. Press OK.
9. If the printer has already initialized, then go to the next step. If not, the printer will start the “ONE TIME INK INITIALIZATION PROCESS”. Allow this process to complete and do not interrupt. Once the initialization process is complete, the printer will print out a Diagnostic Page.
10. To verify printer functionality print a SELF TEST PAGE. If SELF TEST prints, then printer is ready for use or Software Installation.
"PLEASE TRY TIHIS RESET ONLY ONCE"
If ir reoccures replace the unit. you can call HP and get the unit replaced. if it is Warranty.
If not you can also go for a Out Of Warranty Upgrade Option.
Posted on Sep 06, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 07, 2012 | HP Photosmart 3310 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 09, 2007 | HP Photosmart 3310 Printer
Nov 23, 2010 | HP Photosmart 3310 Printer
May 01, 2010 | HP Photosmart 3310 Printer
Apr 15, 2009 | HP Photosmart D7160 InkJet Printer
Jun 18, 2008 | HP Photosmart 3310 Printer
Nov 16, 2007 | HP Photosmart 3310 Printer
Oct 31, 2007 | HP Photosmart 3310 Printer
1,385 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!