I purchased a game called "Word Games To Go" and can't seem to get it installed properly. When I run the setup, I get 3 different options for Pocket PC (either Pocket PC-Casio, Pocket PC-Compaq, or Pocket PC-HP). I know that obviously the Dell Axim is too new to be included in this list but I figured that one of them must work on the Axim. Nothing on the package indicated those three brands only, it stated that it worked with both Pal and Pocket PC Handhelds, so I assumed it should work with the Axim. I followed the installatoin procedures, installing it into the Pocket PC My Documents folder, then did a synch. But the game will not show up on my Axim anywhere. Anyone have any ideas for what I might be doing wrong?
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has achieved Level 3.
Re: Instaling New Software
Don't know about that software specifically, but of those 3 choices, try the Compaq.
The Axim's processor is backwards compatible with the one in the Compaq.
(Well, it's the same as the one in the LATEST model HP, but usually when you see those three choices, it's to signify the 3 different processors each had. HP's latest model used the same as the Compaq, but their older models didn't..)
Hopefully they aren't checking for specific devices, but just processor type..
Now, there is some software that is written specifically for the Compaq Ipaq because of it's video chipset, but not much.. (Tomb Raider comes to mind)..
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
After noticing a sharp increase in request for help on the matter I decided to write this.
These are the most common problems with both Warlords games.
1. Wont install on either OS 2. Installs but wont run. 3. Installs, runs, but doesn't display properly
1. Is your OS 64-bit? then your fresh out of luck as neither game is designed to run on a 64bit system and if it does run, is probably going to be highly unstable. If not then you could try one or all of the following; -Right-click the setup and run as administrator -change the compatibility to XP or Windows 2000 -Copy the entire CD's contents to a folder on the desktop then run the setup. -All of the above at once.
2. Once again you can try all the above instead applying them to the shortcut or exe for the game. You should as a matter of course ensure that your drivers are up to date if you have problems running the game.
3. If you get around the above two problems and run the game only to find that graphics are missing (generally the biggest problem), then there is only two real solutions to the problem: -1: Try reinstalling the game, or use a friends copy. -2: run the Direct X setup off the Warlords Cd, as this contains Direct X files designed for games run on this engine.
Hopefully the above helps someone to make one of these awesome games run.
Right click on the executable file that starts the setup, typically setup.exe. Select Properties. Under Compatibility, set it to Windows XP SP3. If that doesn't work, it really won't work without you setting up a virtual machine and installing a copy of XP. If you're running Windows 7, you can download a Windows XP virtual machine to run. It's called XP Mode. Instructions can be found by searching for XP Mode in the Start menu's Help and Support.
The issue is the laser (actually has different diodes for blu ray, ps2 format and regular DVD.
Seems like in your case the only one that is burnt is the blu ray.
Send it back to Sony for repairs or if you do not have warranty purchase a replacement lens and install it yourself.