- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The internet connection that you use doesn't matter with WinFax, since WinFax requires a fax modem to send and receive faxes. You cannotuse your broadband modem to send receive faxes with WinFax PRO. http://www.getfaxing.com/forums
configure your fax to answer later (maybe after ringing 10 times) and configure the winfax to answer before (something like ringing 5 times or less)
the problem here is that the fax answer and start receiving the fax and the winfax receive the fax signal at same time. check the winfax maybe you have the half part that the fax modem not has printed stored in winfax, maybe.
as I said, your better choice is removing the fax modem. even configuring like I said before, maybe the two continue to try to receive the fax at same time.
This is a solution that was suggested for an earlier edition of the Winfax Pro, but there is no reason why it shouldn?t work on this one as well:
1. Close Winfax and any other program that has anything to do with it, delete all the temp files that yo don?t need.
2. Run Scandisk and fix any problems that may come up.
3. Run delfix.exe which is located in the winfax folder in the status files.
4. Run delfix-rebuild and delfix-optimize and check if the problem is solved.
If the problem reoccurs there is another possibility- to change the name of the WinFax\data folder and create a new one which you will transfer the address book file, status files etc. from the old folder. Note that there might be some information that wouldn?t go through.