Question about Canon BubbleJet i560 InkJet Printer
Colors are really bad and i have changed cartridges several times to no avail. What should I do ? It simply does not print red or blue
Okay, guys, I did some more digging on the magical internetz and found a solution that apparently works as I've just done it and printed successfully once again. Here's what I did:
1. With power on, lift the lid on the printer.
2. Remove the ink tanks.
3. Lift the gray arm to the right of where the yellow tank normally is.
4. Remove the print head, it comes out, you just have to gently work it out of there. It is about 3 or 4" big and kind of L shaped in profile view.
5. Pour about 4-5 ounces of alcohol into an old cup you don't need anymore.
6. Soak the print head in it for maybe 15 or 20 minutes.
7. Swish it around, you will note the alcohol will be dark from all the ink, that's okay.
8. Go outside to your garden hose or to a laundry sink, etc. and rinse off the inside of the print head several times. I did this with the spray nozzle of my hose on a somewhat pressurized setting. To make sure it was clean, I dumped the dirty alcohol, rinsed the cup, then filled it a few times with clean water. Then I placed the print head in it and swished it around. If the water turns inky again, spray out the print head until this test gets you a clean cup of water.
9. Dry off the print head with a couple of thick paper towels, it should be mostly clean now. You'll want to take the paper towels and dab/blot at the spongy parts in each of the heads to get any remaining ink off. Turn the head upside down and tap it onto the paper towel to make sure you get all the water out and the head is completely dry. Some people use compressed air for this.
10. Carefully reinstall the head and inks.
That's it. Good luck and enjoy your printer again! I got the idea for this method from this link: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/19380-3-help-canon-i560-color-problems
Posted on Sep 23, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 15, 2012 | Samsung CLP620ND Colour Laser Duplex...
on Jul 21, 2009 | HP Officejet 5610 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 17, 2011 | Brother MFC-465CN InkJet Printer
Feb 08, 2011 | HP Color LaserJet 2600n Printer
Mar 22, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MX310 All-In-One Printer
Feb 05, 2010 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 13, 2009 | Epson Stylus Multifunction Inkjet Printer/...
Jul 07, 2008 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
80 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!