- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I use Bluetooth to synch to my Sanyo cell phone, so I would think you could do the same. I maintain my Contacts in Outlook and synch with my Palm. I then synch my Palm to my phone.
1. Make certain that your Contacts (in Outlook, Palm Desktop, or whatever you use as your source to feed data to your Palm) contains ALL the phone numbers you want in your phone.
2. If, like me, you have a lot of contacts and a limited number (500 in my case) of contacts that can be stored on your phone, you will want to erase all contacts on your phone first.
3. On your Palm, go to Preferences
4. Select Bluetooth -- Bluetooth should be ON, Discoverable (Yes) and Connectable (Yes)
5. Turn on your Bluetooth-enabled cell phone -- I believe the range is 20-30 feet but I have not tested that. When I synch, I have them both on my desk because I want to see that it is working.
6. Select Trusted Devices. Hopefully, your Palm will detect the cell phone. When it does, add your cell phone as a trusted device.
7. Select Contacts on your Palm and use the pull-down menu to select Send Category.
8. Select Bluetooth
9. Select your phone
10. Your phone will probably indicate that it is receiving data. You should soon have all phone numbers stored on your phone without using a direct-connect cable.
You may be used to PocketPC ActiveSync.
HotSync is an asynchronous synch model - you synch upon demand but not continuously. Pocket PC devices synch all the time while in the cradle. There are advantages to both models.
If you want to synch a Palm OS device, you need to press the button. There are some extra appliactions available on www.palmgear.com that will force your device to synch upon a schdule.
In a nutshell, make sure you have a recent synch to your PC of the 600.
Install the Treo 650 desktop software
Synch to the username of the 600
Your are done.
You should rename the Treo 600 or hard reset it (you will get data corruption if you synch two devices with the same username to one PC).
If you are paranoid, you can make a backup copy of your c:\program files\palm\ folder to begin with. This contains most of your settings and extra software on the 600. As you are an Outlook user, your personal data is probably in a PST file or it is stored in Exchange.