Many factors can affect the image quality of your pictures. If you
are experiencing blurry images, please try adjusting the focus ring
located around the lens. This will allow you to focus the camera image
on objects at different distances. Also, make sure there is good
lighting. Improving the lighting conditions can improve the image
If the image quality is poor while transmitting video over the Internet
using video enabled programs such as MSN Messenger, Yahoo! or AOL
Instant Messenger, your connection speed to the Internet directly
affects the image quality of the transmitted video. Corporate LAN,
DSL/cable modem connections will result in the best image quality
experience, while dial-up connections may result in choppy and overall
poor quality because of the slower connection speed. Even broadband
connections such as DSL/cable modem may experience choppy video at
times because of Internet traffic or slow upload speeds. If the image
appears clearly in the camera software, most likely your Internet
connection may be responsible for the poor image quality in your video
Changing Display Adapter Settings:
If you are still experiencing a distorted, fuzzy or grainy image, you
may need to change the settings for your display adapter. For optimal
image quality, please make sure the video display adapter is set to
display at least 16-bit high color or higher. To change the color
palette please perform the following steps:
Low Light Boost:
- Click on "Start," "Settings," and "Control Panel."
- Double-click on the Display icon.
- Click on the tab labeled Settings.
- In the dialog box labeled Color Palette, verify the video mode is set to 16-bit (high color) or 24-bit (true color).
- Also, check with the manufacturer of the video card for updated video drivers.
If you cannot do anything to improve the lighting situation, some
Logitech video cameras have an option for "Low Light Boost." If there
is an option for "Low Light Boost," try enabling the "Low Light Boost"
in the QuickCam software. To do this:
Using Latest Software:
- Open the QuickCam software.
- At the bottom right hand corner of the camera image box, click on the arrow next to the QuickCam icon.
- Choose "Advanced Camera Settings".
- Under the Image Enhancement box, place a check mark in the "Low Light Boost" option.
- If that does not improve the image quality, try adjusting the other
image settings, such as contrast, saturation brightness, gain and white
- Click OK when your are done.
Finally, make sure you are using the latest release of Logitech camera software. You can download the latest release from the Logitech Downloads + Parts