Please can you help, had my tv 9mths connected up my pc a few days ago and now there is a red column down middle of screen and on left of that the screen is blue, the right side of the screen is normal, it flickers in and out. Have tried everything can you help?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I have the exact same problem. I had purchased a new lamp shortly after the warranty expired and never needed to use it. I decided to install it today to see if that helped with the red glow. No difference. Someone else posted that when the TV is moved (we just moved from Canada to the US) it can misalign or damage some component. Still trying to figure out what that is...probably cost more to fix that a new TV!!!
I had a similar problem with my LCD screen TV, and to my dismay, my warranty just ran out. A thin red line began to appear on the right side of the screen, and since many online and expert sources pretty much say replace the expensive LCD screen or get a professional to fix it (in which I suspect to be a business plot to get people to go to pricey experts), I decided to look for other possible alternatives.
Here is some tips/solutions I was given (and it worked! at least for me):
1) Turn off the LCD and unplug the power source and let it rest for 5-10 minutes. Turn it back on and see if it disappears or improve. (This is the one I used.)
2) While turned off, try jiggling gently all chords connected to the TV (cables, power chords, etc.); you could even try unplugging and replugging the chords/cables. Turn the TV back on and see if the red line disappeared or improve. (This is the one I heard worked for others.)
If the above doesn't work then I'm afraid you do have a bad panel on your screen and will need to call in the experts or get a new TV. I hope this will help. Best Wishes.