I have the songs i want in my Pantech Duo already but i want to use them as my ringtones. Infact i added them under "Ringtones" in My Stuff section. Some say that the song has to be no more than 30 seconds and has to be under 300kb. The song i want as a ringtone is 1min. and 3sec. I'm willing to shorten it but how do i split it. I tried using the Windows Movie Maker, it does split the song but it will only play for Windows Movie Maker. I am not able to paste it anywhere else. PLEASE HELP =.=
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The phone will only play ringtones applied to its memory. You need to move the tone from the SD card to the phone. First check your user manual for ringtone specifications. It should tell you how big a file you can use.You may have to edit the song to fit.
you need to load tones into the ringtone file in my documents, then go to settings>sounds>ringtones and select the one you want. If you have tones in the ringtone folder and its still not working check the size and format of the tones, windows mobile 6 was only designed to accept tones under 320k and in .mp3 or .wav formats.
You can but the file needs to be labeled My Ringtones. If you have tones in the ringtone folder and its still not working check the size and format of the tones, windows mobile 6 was only designed to accept tones under 320k and in .mp3 or .wav formats.
Always think carefully about altering your phone's window registry for any reason. If you follow the instructions all should be fine. If you are a complete novice, I wouldn't recommend it, you could seriously mess up your phone. Use at your own discretion.
*WARNING I DO NOT know the extent at which this works ( "How many tones that can be added""How long the ringtones can be"FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS!! I AM NOT/WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CASUED TO YOUR PANTECH DUO BY PERFORMING THIS PROCESS!! Doing this involves tinkering with the phones defaults if you change something that you are not supposed to the phone may not work causing the phones warranty to be void (Solution:If your not sure what your doing DONT DO IT). Before you start make sure all ringtones you desire to be used as alerts for text messages, voicemail, etc. are in the "\My Documents\My Ringtones\" folder. This is very important as you will see. Also make sure all ringtones are short enough (15 seconds MAX) that they will be recognized as useable tones*
2. Connect your Pantech Duo to your Desktop/Laptop and run the registry editor
3. Once your device and has been connected to the Editor open "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" (should be the second file folder down)
4. Open "Control Panel" (this should also be the second file folder down)
5. Click (and only click) "Sounds" (Should be the 15th file folder down *make sure its just "Sounds" and not "SoundCatergories"*)
6. Double Click "All Sounds"
7. In the pop up menu box scroll down to the end of the list of assorted factory tones
8. Put your cursor at the end of the last line and press enter to creat a new line to type in
9. Type in " \My Documents\My Ringtones\ " immediately by the exact name of the file you wish to enter ( EXAMPLE: \My Documents\My Ringtones\342.wow.mp3) MAKE SURE YOU ADD THE FILE TYPE (.wma,.mp3, etc.)
10. Click "OK" when you are finsihed adding your ringtones
11. On your Pantech Duo from the home menu Click Start>Settings>Sounds>Text Message then scroll through the tone options to reveal that tones you added are options and and can be play automatically!!
Reply and tell me if it worked, if it didn't, or if the directions are unclear P.S. have someone text you to double check if it works
I got ringtones from my microSD card on my Pantech Duo to set as ringtones by using another phone. I put my microSD card in another phone and bluetoothed them to my pantech duo. When i had bluetoothed all the ringtones i wanted onto my pantech duo, i removed my microSD card from the other phone and put it back in my pantech duo. Then i went to "Settings" on my pantech duo and then "sounds". The first option is "ringtones" so i used the circle button to select the ringtone i wanted and hit "done".