- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Try turning the printer off, opening the lid and if you can either grab the carridge or it's drive belt, move it all the way to the far (right hand) end and close the lid. power it up. The action of the printer re-setting the carridge position should make it either free whatever debris may be jamming it or simply sort itself - out. If the carridge moves very freely, the drive belt/gearbox may be damaged. If this doesn't help, it may be time to look for a new printer ? hope this helps.
Me 2 I was changing a the yellow cartridge and try to close the lid and POW the hinge on the right side broke. I got the printer opened and had to disconnect three ribbon cables the 3.5 mm jack and one 6 pin connector plug.
Try this procedure: 1. Open printer lid so cartridges move to center of carriage.
2. Lift clamp and remove black or color cartridge from the holder.
3. Place cartridge on table with copper contact strip facing you.
4. Carefully place a strip of clear plastic tape over the four contacts on the upper left corner of the cartridge.
5. Reinstall cartridge in printer and close lid. Wait until cartridge returns to parking position.
6. Open lid and remove cartridge again. Remove tape from left side and
place tape over four contacts at upper right corner of cartridge.
7. Reinstall cartridge in printer and close lid. Wait until cartridge returns to parking position again.
8. Open lid again, remove cartridge, remove tape.
9. Reinstall cartridge and close lid.
Printer will now recalibrate. Once the process is complete the ink level meter should be reading full again.
I hope this helps, if so please rate our solution.
i had the same problem: the acess cover was locked in the open position. i disassembled the whole lot including hinges( not a good advice). try some silicone spray( no mineral oil, but maybe cooking oil) directly into the hinge and bring some movement into the lid. there are no gears or latches that can lock the hinges.