- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
unplugged with nO power cord connected,,after checking for any internal blown fuses, inspect circuit board for burnt resistors or blown caps, the resistors will appear to be laying on there sides and have multi colored bands around them look for burnt or discolored ones, blown capacitors will look like tiny barrels with lids a flat top indicates a good capacitor as any humped or bulged or rounded top would indicate blown cap , if not more than a couple you may be able to replace these with success, be careful always Unplug from power before servicing electronic componants.
The fuse is blowing due to an overload. It's often and very likely caused by a transistor or ic that has gone short. The main culprits are the power transistors of the amp or whatever is on the big heat sink. Transistors will show the fault when you connect an ohmmeter to the terminals. It will be just like you have touched the test prods together! I don't think in your case it will be in the power supply. It's often caused by speaker cables that touch together.
A fuse blows like that because of an overload. Nine times out of 10 it will a transistor that is acting like a piece of wire. If you have a Ohm meter try the output devices. You will soon find the faulty part as it will be like you have touched the test probes together!
When a fuse keeps blowing suspect an overload in either the power supply section or main amp part.
Look for burnt or damaged parts first.
The suspects in the power section are: transformer, diodes, rectifier, voltage stablizer, regulator.
In the Amp Section anything on the heat sink.
Blingking Light or Protect usually means that there is DC appearing in output stage and is protecting Connected Speakers. It can be faulty Output Stage (Bad ICs/Transistors/Resistors/Capacitors) or Faulty Power Supply.
Working on These types of Problem is not user friendly at all.
Take a ohm meter and measure resistance from emiter to collector should have a few kilo ohm on output transistor.
If no ohm meter available , remove output transistors from circuit.
note position of transistor . you have a NPN and a PNP for each channel.
Replace fuse and power up. If fuse blows check bridge in the power supply.
80% of the time output transistor burn and blow the fuse.
before replacing output transistors check driver transistors they probably burnt also