I cant receive my emails
You can't receive emails? You need to give more information. Are you using a Web mail (i.e. Yahoo mail, Gmail) or are you using an e-mail client (i.e. Outlook 2003/2007; Outlook Express)?
Email clients uses two types of account, POP3 and IMAP.
If you are using an e-mail client like Outlook 2003, you need to change the incoming mail server. Please follow the steps below:
For Outlook 2003/2007:
1. Open your Outlook and then click on Tools.
2. Go to Accounts or Email Accounts.
3. Go to Mail tab and you will see the account that you have created (like pop.gmail.com or imap.gmail.com)
4. Double-click on pop or imap account and then go to Advanced tab.
5. You will see the Incoming Mail server.
By default, the incoming mail server is set to 110, you may change it to 995 and then select SSL. Then close and reopen your Outlook and click the Send/Receive button.
Now, if you're just using a Web e-mail like Gmail or Yahoo mail, you need to check your storage. There's a possibility that you reached the quota storage of your email that's why you are not receiving emails. You need to contact your email provider for this problem.
If you have a router on your network, you need to check the router settings and perform a Port Forwarding. You have to open the port 110 or 995 so that you could receive e-mails.
These are the things that you need to check and consider.
Have a great day!
Jun 09, 2009 |
Acer PC Desktops