Dishwasher not cleaning the dishes
Hi there. Here are some solutions that may help you combat this issue with the non cleaning of the dishes during the wash.
• Choose another cycle for longer washing
• Check rack loading section for proper
loading—avoid nesting items.
• Home water pressure may be too low—
should be 20 to 120 pounds per square inch
• Check incoming water temperature. It
should be at least 120°F (49°C). (See
Factors Affecting Performance.)
• Check water hardness. For extremely hard
water, it may be necessary to install a water
softener. (See Detergent Chart.)
• Use fresh detergent.
• Check to make sure funnel in top rack is not
• Make sure items are not blocking the spray
arms, preventing them from rotating.
• Check to see if the rinse aid dispenser
Next, you mentioned in your text that you were experiencing a burning scent after the was or during it. i have a few solutions for that as well.
• Soiled dishes left in dishwasher too long can
create an odor. Use Rinse & Hold cycle.
• There will be a "new" smell when first
installed. This is normal.
• Check to see if unit is draining properly.
One more thing, sometimes food or plastic dishware will fall between the spaces in the basket that holds the dishes. these plastics can be burned by the heating element inducing a burning scent during the drying process. always make sure that all plastics are secure before you start the cycle. food can get stuck on this heater element as well causing a burned smell.
Feb 15, 2009 |