Question about Yamaha Dtxpress Iv Special Electronic Drum Set
You can replace the battery yourself in about 20 minutes. It is not soldered. You will need a replacement battery, which is a CR2032 watch battery, a small Philips screwdriver, and needle or thin-nosed pliers.
1. Remove all cables from the dtxplorer unit, and remove it from the drum kit rack.
2. Remove all 6 screws from the bottom side (i.e. opposite the face)
3. Remove the 3 lowest screws from the rear (jack-filled) side, including the one which holds in the little plastic power cord hook, then lift off the bottom and set aside.
4. You will see the bottom circuit board, covering the top board. Carefully pull off the spade connectors from the power switch, using pliers or patient wiggling, they are on fairly tight but will come loose. Note which one is which for proper reattachment.
5. Near the center of the board is a little white plastic post end sticking up, through a hole, from the inside (top) board, with small tabs. This loosely attaches the two boards. Using small pliers, squeeze the tabs on the post end, and pull up on the board and it will separate from the inside (top) board. Carefully move the board toward the front of the unit to free the jacks from the holes in the case, and then you can easily fold the board toward the front, like opening a book. (Don't try and remove the large wire sets attaching the two boards)
6. You will see the button-like battery. Just push it toward the spring clips at one side and lift it out. Replace it with the new battery, + side out.
7. Just reverse the steps to reassemble, hook it up and you're ready to go. Easier to do than this makes it seem. Greg
Posted on Jun 11, 2009
****attention** **the screw that holds the midi out connector has to be removed before board will come out .just thought i,d ad this in case there are others that are rammy like myself.this site helped big time .thanks . Matt
Posted on Jun 27, 2010
Its very easy easy u can do it ur self... i would suggest discharge ur hands as well b4 touching any PCB/s .. ya pull out the plastic connector , its easier that the switch connector .. simple.. replace the battery + up.. thats all. sam
Posted on Jan 05, 2013
Addition To Solution #3: I had a very hard time removing the spade clips from the On/Off switch. I only got the top one off and decided to cut the tie wrap that holds the wire to the circuit board. After squeezing the white tabs on the connector post that holds the circuit boards together, I was then able to pull the the circuit boards apart far enough to expose the On/Off connection to the circuit board. Just follow the wires. This small white plastic connector came off very easily. The hardest part of the job was removing and replacing the screws!
Posted on Oct 30, 2010
This product MAY contain a small non-rechargeable battery which (if applicable) is
soldered in place. The average life span of this type of battery is approximately five
years. When replacement becomes necessary, contact a qualified service representative
to perform the replacement.
Posted on Sep 03, 2008
Ive replaced mine with the proper battery cr2032. And the screen still desplays warning low battery!! Anyone else have this problem? And is ths fixable?
Posted on Nov 08, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 08, 2014 | Music
Nov 05, 2014 | Music
Sep 03, 2012 | Music
Mar 01, 2012 | Yamaha DTXplorer 5 Electronic Drum Set
Sep 01, 2011 | Yamaha DTXplorer 5 Electronic Drum Set
Apr 28, 2011 | Boss Micro BR Digital Recorder
Apr 24, 2011 | Yamaha DTXplorer 5 Electronic Drum Set
Apr 06, 2011 | Yamaha DTXplorer 5 Electronic Drum Set
Mar 14, 2011 | Ovation MM68-CCB Acoustic Electric...
Mar 09, 2011 | Yamaha DTXtreme III Drum Trigger Module
2,285 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: