An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has achieved Level 3.
Re: Cellular modem
A cellular modem increases the current demand placed on the main battery shortening the battery life. To prolong the life of the battery and ensure reliable operation it is highly recommended that you use the either the Extended Life battery (NEC Part # OP-MP9-EXTBATT) or a mobile charger (NEC Part # OP-MP9-AUTOADP) while traveling between customer sites.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Decrease the Front Light brightness while the MobilePro P300 is on battery power. To do so, tap Start --> Programs --> My Settings and tap the Front Light icon. Click the "DC" tab and decrease the brightness level to the desired level.
The MobilePro 900 back up battery is low and should be replaced. The battery is a CR2032 coin-cell battery, which is very common and can be purchased at most department and drug stores.
Refer to section 1-7 of the "MobilePro 900 Handheld PC's User's Guide" for detailed replacement instructions.
Warning: This procedure will ERASE all user data stored on the MobilePro 900.
Make sure you have backed up all data before doing the following. To hard reset your MobilePro 900, simply remove both the main and back up batteries for 60 seconds. For detailed instructions on performing a hard-reset: http://support.necsam.com/mobilesolutions/hardware/Handhelds/MobilePro900/819-201025-000.pdf
To mute the MobilePro 900’s speaker volume, do the following:
NOTE: This procedure will have to be performed for all existing and future dial-up connections.
* 1. Open Remote Networking by tapping “Start” ? “Programs” ? “Communications” ? “Remote Networking.”
* 2. Highlight your dialup connection by tapping it once. Tap “File” ? “Properties.”
* 3. Tap the "Configure" button.
* 4. Tap the "Call Options" tab.
* 5. Enter "M0" in the "Extra Settings" box. (This is capital letter followed by the number zero without any spaces or quotation marks.)
* 6. Tap “OK” to close the device properties window.
* 7. Tap “Next” and then “Finish” to complete the Dial-up Connection wizard.
Lithium Ion batteries prefer a partial rather than a full discharge. Repeated full discharging robs the battery of its capacity (useful life), the Lithium Ion battery prefers shallow over repetitive deep discharge cycles.
Besides cycling, the performance of the Li-ion is also affected by aging. Capacity loss through aging is independent of use however the capacity is affected by both aging and usage.
Battery wear-down on lithium-based batteries is caused by two activities: actual usage or cycling and aging. The wear-down affects by usage and aging apply to all batteries but this is more pronounced on lithium-based systems. The Li-ion batteries prefer a shallow discharge. Partial discharges produce less wear than a full discharge and the capacity loss per cycle is reduced.
Simple Guidelines to extend useful life of the battery
Charge the Li-ion often, except before a long storage. Avoid repeated deep discharges.
Keep the Li-ion battery cool. Prevent storage in a hot car. Never freeze a battery.
NEC has identified an issue where the system can erroneously generate the "Backup Battery Very Low" message. There are two possible solutions that will eliminate this erroneous low battery warning message (the first method is the preferred solution, the second method can be used if the update file is not available).
Solution I. Install a new version of the driver that controls the battery monitoring circuit.
1. Download the Low battery warning fix to your desktop.
2. Using ActiveSync or a compact Flash Card, copy FixBatt_HPC2K.EXE to the MobilePro internal disk.
3. On the MobilePro, double click the FixBatt_HPC2K icon.
4. When the message "Low Backup Battery Issue" is displayed, tap the "Patch it" button
5. When prompted turn unit over and momentarily depress the Reset button using the stylus.
Solution II. Change the default power management configuration.
Configure your MobilePro 900 to suspend when the LCD lid is closed on battery power and AC power.
To ensure that the device suspends whenever the lid is closed, please make the following changes and perform a soft reset:
1. Go to Control Panel.
2. Open MobilePro Settings.
3. Go to the LCD Suspend/Resume tab.
4. Place a check next to "Enable suspend while on External Power."
5. Click the "Advanced" button and place a check next to "Enable suspend while on External power.
6. Click OK to close the Advanced Setting window and click OK to close the MobilePro Settings.
7. Turn unit over and momentarily depress the Reset button using the stylus.
NOTE: Both the software update and power management settings are cleared on a hard reset and must be re-applied.
Note: It may be necessary to depress the power button more than once to properly initialize the power management circuitry before the unit comes on.
Note: It may be necessary to connect AC power to the unit and allow it to charge before attempting to apply power. The unit will not power up if the battery voltage is below a safe operating level.
Please refer to the leaflet "NEC MobilePro 900, Performing a Hard Reset" that was shipped with the unit for the procedure to perform a hard reset on your MobilePro 900.
No the coin cell backup battery is not rechargeable.
If the MobilePro 900 back up battery is low it should be replaced. The battery is a CR2032 coin-cell battery, which is very common and can be purchased at most department and drug stores.
Refer to section 1-7 of the “MobilePro 900 Handheld PC’s User’s Guide” for detailed replacement instructions.