- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I followed the directions that were posted by someone else that had the same problem. Go to my computer. Click disk drive with CD in. Click Explore. Click setup icon and then properties, and compatibility. Run this program in compatability for example, windows 95, 98, or XP, Click apply and ok.
Worked for me.
I had the same exact problem. I love my pdc and was very determined to figure it out! LOL I also have Vista and my Image maker Software for my pdc640 kept getting the "Not Compatible With NT" error. This is what I did: Put the CD in and click ok when error pops up...Open 'My Computer" and click the disk drive your PDC CD is in...Click "EXPLORE"....Click the "setup" icon and then "Properties"..then click at the top where it says "compatability"---Click the white box that says "RUN THIS PROGRAM IN COMPATABILITY MODE FOR:--then scroll and choose Windows 98....click apply and Ok....then download the same "SET UP' or auto install icon! It worked for me! Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know if this helped:)
While it appears that the system is locking up, the actual problem is that a message prompt in the PhotoMAX 2.0 software is hiding beneath other open windows and needs to be answered before proceeding.
In this instance, the PDC 640 TWAIN Driver window has been preset to always be the "top" window, obscuring any other windows that may be open behind it.
The PhotoMAX 2.0 window must be "active" (or "brought to the top") to answer any message prompts. Once the message prompt is answered, you will be able to download images.
To deactivate the PDC 640 TWAIN Driver window's "Always on Top" preset:
1. Launch the PhotoMAX application.
2. Select Get Photo.
3. Select Camera or Scanner. The Acquire From window appears.
4. Select Twain device and click OK. The Select Source window appears.
5. Highlight PDC 640 and click Select. The album window appears next, followed by the PDC 640 TWAIN Driver window.
6. Right-click on the PDC 640 TWAIN Driver window and deselect (i.e. uncheck) "Always on Top".
To move the PhotoMAX 2.0 window forward:
1. Launch the PhotoMAX application.
2. Click on Get Photo.
3. Click on From Album.
4. When the album opens, answer YES to the question "The contents of this album have been changed. Do you want to save the changes?".
5. Click on the Acquire icon at the top of the album window to select the PDC 640 camera and download the thumbnails from the camera. Your system will no longer appear to lock up.
Yes, you may install the PDC 640 camera TWAIN driver only. The PDC 640 TWAIN driver can be used with most TWAIN compliant image editing software.
The most current driver is available for download on our website and is compatible with Windows 95, 98, Me, 2000 and XP (there is no compatibility with Windows NT at this time).
Yes, you can use the camera with Windows XP, but you will no longer be able to use a USB port to download your photos. Only serial port downloads are supported under Windows XP for the PDC 1100 camera.
Follow the instructions below to reinstall the PhotoMAX software and camera drivers using Windows XP's Program Compatibility Wizard.
1. Insert the PhotoMAX CD-ROM in the CD drive. If the program begins installing, press OK to close the "not compatible with Windows NT" error message.
2. Start the Wizard by clicking the Start button and choosing All Programs > Accessories > Program Compatibility Wizard. Follow the on-screen prompts.
3. On the second screen, select I want to use the program in the CD-ROM Drive and click Next.
4. Select Microsoft Windows 98/Windows Me and click Next. NOTE: You may have to scroll down to see this option.
5. Uncheck the following items:
* 256 colors
* 640 X 480 Screen Resolution
* Disable Visual Themes
6. Click Next.
7. Click Next again. The PhotoMAX software will begin installing. Follow the on-screen prompts.
8. Follow on-screen prompts to finish the installation and click Finish.
9. When the Compatibility Wizard asks if the program worked correctly select Yes and click Next.
10. When the program asks if you want to send information to Microsoft, select No and click Next to finish the installation.
11. Shut down and restart the computer. After the restart, you should be able to download photos using Windows XP.