Question about Sharp Microwave Ovens
I would suggest that you check the door switches and mounts. Here is a file to help: http://www.microwavedisplay.com/doorsw.txt
If those check out, I would suspect a shorted relay or shorted relay-driving transistor.
You may be able to find a schematic of the control unit at the Sears parts site. (They are closed during overnight hours CST)
The best place to order Sharp parts is Tritronics.
Feel free to contact me directly for more information & help.
We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
William E. Miller
Posted on Sep 07, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 09, 2013 | GE CVM2072SMSS Microwave Oven
on Mar 30, 2008 | Kenmore 80412 Microwave Oven
Dec 23, 2007 | GE JVM1640 Microwave Oven
Jun 16, 2013 | Microwave Ovens
Make sure that the program controller is working if not check
power - step down supply, the pads are responding- if not faulty pads- or the
door switches, if the switch contact are not good then it will not trigger the
processor to switch on the waveguides. If the lights or fan work without any
display or action of program being triggered to start then it can be a possible
fault on the main board or the processor. Sometimes insect secretion can short
the board and display panel and so the processor can work in such an erratic
manner. If so clean, solder and reset the board. Now identify the parts by
clicking this link: http://www.espares.co.uk/advice/microwave/a/5/141/identifying-microwave-parts.html
If there is no heating
please do not switch on unless you have confirmed the fault. It is possible
that the Magnetron is faulty, the temperature cut off is faulty or the main
capacitor is short. It is also quite possible that insect can get into the oven
and create soft spots. When you switch on these will create a short and make
the voltage jump and in the long run damage the magnetron. Check this link to
know how a microwave works:
So Remove cover after disconnecting , check for dirt/moisture in
the cabin, if so wipe clean and dry, check the magnetron and area clean and use
an jet air to clean off. Check the wave guide covers, if food had deposited
then it must be checked or replaced. See link: http://www.espares.co.uk/advice/microwave/a/5/1146/how-to-replace-a-microwave-guide-cover.html
Jan 30, 2013 | Panasonic Microwave Ovens
Mar 21, 2011 | Hotpoint RVM1435 Microwave Oven
Oct 12, 2009 | GE JVM1630 Microwave Oven
Jun 24, 2009 | Maytag MMV1153A Microwave Oven
Dec 19, 2007 | Magic Chef CMV1000B Microwave Oven
May 23, 2017 | Sharp Microwave Ovens
85 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: