Question about Epson Stylus 2200 InkJet Photo Printer
We're close! I pushed the buttons in the correct sequence and got the lights to stop flashing!! I restarted the computer ,turned on the printer and it went thru it's usual sequence of buttons flashing and so on.Awesome!! However when I go to print, a window is coming up saying there's a communication error with the printer. Reset or turn the printer on. This alert usually comes up when I have the printer off. So does that mean I have to go to the link you sent me and go that route regardless?
The issue rest in the fact you are on a Mac. You will want to do this to be thorough and get you back going again.
Uninstall your printer.
Disconnect your printer cable.
Restart your system.
Leaving the printer cable off, reinstall the printer software.
If you are prompted when installing to attach the cable do so only then or wait until the installation is complete.
With the cable reattached print a test page, etc.
You should be fine.
But let me know if you get stuck or don't understand.
Please, try to use the comment box below this to follow up.
BTW, when we're done, let me know; I'm sure you will.Our Free Forum is the best on the Web but mostly we get really esoteric questions such as: PC won't start. Questions we can't work with. You initial question had enough to attract me to the problem. And as a problem solver on PCs and Macs for nearly 25 years (I had a Mac Classic for ever) when there was no tech support in the early days, myself and many others here who are nearly retired work on this board to keep pace with the technology. And we love doing this. Sometimes we work in the pay area to gain money enough to buy parts for our projects but that's about it, a hundred or so a month.
But you may have to reinstall the drivers perphaps by
Posted on Sep 02, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 04, 2014 | Canon Printers & Copiers
Please print printer settings configuration page. The page will explain the printer menus and change values. Menus are represented by Continue, Ready/Data, Toner Low and Load/Remove Paper light sequences. Menu Items and their values are indicated by Paper Jam and Error Light sequences
Here are the instructions to do that:
1. Turn off the printer.
2. Open the front access cover
3. Press and hold the red Stop button while powering up the printer.
4. The lights should cycle, release it when the light stops cycling.
5. Close the cover once the ! light displays
6. The lights should cycle again.
7. Then press the Continue button.
8. This should print a Printer Diagnostics page.
9. On the Printer diagnostic page, Use the Utilities menu to troubleshoot printer problems
- Return the printer settings to factory default values.
- Sometimes resetting the printer to the original settings solves formatting problems.
- All menu items are reset to the factory default values except:
- All settings in the Parallel menu, Network menu, and USB menu.
- All downloaded resources (fonts, macros, and symbol sets) in printer memory (RAM) are deleted.
- Resources in flash memory are unaffected.
10. Please locate the value that would say "Factory Defaults".
11. We would need to follow the exact light sequence that you see for the "Factory Defaults".
12. Press and release the Cancel button to advance through the menus and the menu items to the one we would need.
13. Press and hold the Continue button until all the lights cycle to save the function/value.
14. Restart the printer.
Jun 16, 2011 | Lexmark E260dn Laser Printer
May 04, 2011 | Lexmark E238 Laser Printer
Feb 17, 2010 | HP PSC 1410 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Oct 12, 2009 | HP PSC 1350 All-In-One Thermal Printer
May 13, 2009 | Dell 1720dn Laser Printer
Jan 01, 2009 | Lexmark E238 Laser Printer
Sep 02, 2008 | Lexmark E240 Laser Printer
May 06, 2008 | HP DeskJet 940c InkJet Printer
Jan 16, 2008 | Dell 1700n Laser Printer
30 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!