Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
To improve the feel of how fast your system is all you have to do is reduce the response time from the start menu
to do this follow this easy windows xp tweak.
1. Go to Start then Run
2. Type 'Regedit' then click 'Ok'
3. Find "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop"
4. Select "MenuShowDelay"
5. Right click and select "Modify'
6. Reduce the number to "100′
When you access a directory in Windows XP it wastes a lot of time updating the time stamp showing the last access time for that directory and for all the sub directories. To stop XP from doing this follow this tweak.
1. Go to Start and then Run and type "regedit"
2. Click through the file system until you get to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem"
3. Right-click in a blank area of the window on the right and select 'DWORD Value'
4. Create a new DWORD Value called 'NtfsDisableLastAccessUpdate'
5. Then Right click on the new value and select 'Modify'
6. Change the Value data to '1′
7. Click 'OK'
Posted by RIO GLEN... on
Mar 04, 2010 | Samsung SyncMaster 2233BW 22" LCD Monitor
Feb 07, 2010 | Magellan Roadmate 1200 Car GPS Receiver
Jan 10, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite P105-S6197 Laptop
Aug 04, 2008 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
430 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!