Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
The screen lock is available on the iPod Touch, as well as
recent models of the iPod and iPod Nano, giving you a 4-digit password to set
the screen. This is to prevent others from using your iPod, but it is not a
safety device impregnable. If you forget the password, you can quickly and
easily unlock the iPod by connecting it to the computer you normally use to
sync your iPod with iTunes. You can then open the iPod and reset the lock to a
more memorable password.
1. Connect the iPod Touch to your computer via the USB
2. Wait for iTunes to access and synchronize with your
3. Take your iPod Touch from your computer, clicking on the
"Eject" to the input side of the iPod under "Devices" in
4. Disconnect the iPod Touch from the USB cable. IPod touch
will turn on and will be available.
5. Tap the menu "General" on the iPod Touch. Tap
"Passcode Lock and tap either" Turn off access "or" Change.
"When you click" Change Password ", you can create a new
Posted by Rakesh... on
Dec 08, 2013 | Apple iPad 64 GB WiFi
Nov 10, 2008 | Apple iPod nano 3rd Generation
Oct 15, 2008 | Apple iPod nano
Aug 23, 2008 | Apple iPod touch
289 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!