Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
Pen Drive gives ussignificant convenience in today's business life. However, due to human errorsor other reasons, we often meet embarrassed phenomena of losing Pen Drive data. The following are sometypically cases in our daily business life.b>
1. Pen drive still contain all data, and the space shows the same likebefore, but all files and folders in the pen drive are changed to shortcut.
Cause: Your pen drive was attackedby virus
Resolution one: If you oftenuse Pen Drive to transfer data from one computer to another, make sure thecomputer is well protected. If any computer is not protected against virusattacks, the files and folders in Pen Drive may be gone or just change intoshortcut. If that happens, don't panic, you can still get back lost data, Firstly, remove the virus, connect your Pen Drive to one PC that is protectedwith a good antivirus and then scan it, fix all the virus threats that aredetected by the antivirus, After completing scanning, some of the useful filesor folders may deleted. Secondly, use pen drive data recovery program torecover deleted infected files.
Resolution two: If you can'tdelete virus in Pen Drive, just format Pen Drive and then use data recoveryprogram to retrieve data.b>
2. When transfer files from Pen Drive to PC, mistakenly removed the PenDrive from USB port and some data lost, or press "format" command during theprocess of using Pen Drive. Sometimes, delete data in Pen Drive in one day andfind it is useful in another day and want to recover them.
Cause: Human error
Resolution: The data youonce have saved in your pen drive is real hard to remove completely. Firstthing to do is stop using the Pen Drive as the chances of your data beingoverwritten increase as time goes on. Then choose a perfect data recoveryprogram. There are many Pen Drive data recoveryprogram in the internet. Although Ihaven't tested them one by one, Card Data Recovery is the most popular one inthese days.
Steps to recover data fromPen Drive using Card Data Recovery
1. Plug the Pen Drive into yourcomputer using USB port;
2. Download Card Data Recoveryand install it on your computer;
3. Check whether your Pen Drivedisk display in your computer;
4. Select your Pen Drive;5. Run Card Data Recovery andcontinue the operation under the interface instruction.b>
Posted by Roybee on
May 18, 2011 | Computers & Internet
May 28, 2010 | Kingston (DTIU3/2GB) 2 GB USB Hard Drive
Nov 09, 2009 | HP Pavilion TX2110US PC Notebook
342 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!