Tip & How-To about Cell Phones
Most Blackberry phones encounter errors due to phone software failure.
Here are some problems and as this definition shown below.
JVM stands for JAVA VIRUAL MACHINE
* JVM Error 501: During memory management, freeing of resources from memory failed as a result of possible corruption
* JVM Error 517: The BlackBerry Device Software encountered unexpected data in a memory location which is used for normal operations
* JVM Error 535: Interaction with the file system has experienced a catastrophic failure
* JVM Error 547: While writing data to the file system, a failure was detected
* JVM Error 548: While erasing data from the file system, a failure was detected
Some can be fix by Hard reset,but most phone need to flash the frimware to be recover.
Here are the step by step procedure on how to fix your phone by updating the Firmware.
* You need a good working USB cable
* Battery is Fully charged.
1. Download Blackberry Desktop Manager and install it. : HERE
2. Download Flasher blackberry Tool : HERE
3. download & install flash file : CLICK ME
4. Delete the vendor.xml file located in c:program filescommon filesesearch in motionapploader
Open flasher blackberry Tool shown on this illustration
5. Go Next
6. You can see usb pin number if your phone is connected to your computer. go next
7. This is very important, don't forget check the box all apps you need and Go next.
8. Wait the application loader flashing in progress ...
9. you're almost there and wait when update is successfull ...
I hope this method simple helps you.
Posted by Christophe... on
Sep 16, 2011 | RIM BlackBerry Curve 3G 9300 Cell Phone
Most JVM errors on a BlackBerry, can be fixed by simply reloading and updating your device software. For instructions on how to reinstall or upgrade your BlackBerry software, please see: HOW TO: Install New Software and Update (Application Loader) - BlackBerry®
There are some JVM errors that can not be fixed in this method, if you do encounter one of the below JVM errors, please call customer care at 1-800-937-8997 or 611 from a T-Mobile phone for further troubleshooting.
Didn't find an answer to your problem? Post about it in our BlackBerry Forums
Help us improve this article, please leave a comment.
Take me back to the BlackBerry Knowledge Base
***This link will show you how to reload new software with screen shots and a video!!!
***when this helps please give me credit and rate me appropriatlly, please!*****
Jan 03, 2011 | Cell Phones
Nov 16, 2009 | RIM BlackBerry Pearl 8100
Aug 12, 2009 | RIM BlackBerry Curve 8310 Smartphone
2,290 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!