Disclaimer: If your BlackBerry will not boot up at all, and is stuck on the white screen, your information is gone forever. We cannot save any of it at this point. If your BlackBerry WILL boot up, we'll make sure to back it up. This will get your BlackBerry to act like it is completely new. This will fix all JVM errors (507, 545, 523, etc.)
If you need any other help please let me know! I'd be happy to help.
- Download JLCMDER from here (click I want to wait in the bottom right)
- Make sure you have the BlackBerry desktop manager installed. If you don't, get it from here.
- Plug your device into the computer via the USB cable that came with your phone. Skip to step 5 if your BlackBerry will not boot at all.
- Open desktop manager, let your phone connect, and then do a full backup. (Device -> Backup, full backup.)
- Launch JLCMDER and follow the onscreen instructions: 1) Press any key. 2) N - unless it locks with a password 3) 4 4) y 5) BlackBerry. This may take a few attempts, so just keep trying it!
- Download the most recent BlackBerry OS from here - make sure you pick the right carrier.
- Delete the following file - C: -> Program Files -> Common Files -> Research in Motion -> Apploader - > vendor.xml
- With your BlackBerry still plugged in, launch the Desktop Manager and under Summary, there should be an update OS button. If that does not exist, launch loader.exe from the above folder (apploader) and use that.
- Follow the instructions for either of those options, and then wait. It may take over half an hour the first time.